Noob speaker question

spoonman856

Jan 1, 2021
Visit site
Hi. Thank goodness I found this place.

I'm shopping for affordable speakers for my living room. Like under $175ish. I keep finding "Studio monitors" online, which apparently aren't what I want?

I really just want speakers that I can use with my phone or ipod or with itunes on my computer.

I don't even really know if I'm looking for Wifi speakers, or Bluetooth speakers, or both.

I listen to rock music if that helps.

Please help!

D

Deleted member 188533

Untitled.png

Basically the 1700 has a slightly larger tweeter and different amplification from the 1280s. Also the 1700 has a subwoofer out so you have the option of adding one later if you want. There's a little 10" Polk that goes on sale for around $100 that pairs nicely with speakers like this.

There are literally thousands of reviews on Amazon for each model. It would be worth skimming through them to get an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Swan also makes good stuff. I'd probably blindly buy Edifier before Swan though.

Last edited by a moderator:

spoonman856

Jan 1, 2021
Visit site
View attachment 1943

Basically the 1700 has a slightly larger tweeter and different amplification from the 1280s. Also the 1700 has a subwoofer out so you have the option of adding one later if you want. There's a little 10" Polk that goes on sale for around $100 that pairs nicely with speakers like this.

Their are literally thousands of reviews on Amazon for each model. It would be worth skimming through them to get an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Swan also makes good stuff. I'd probably blindly buy Edifier before Swan though.
Thank you guys. This is really helpful and interesting stuff. I guess I'm leaning way towards the 1700.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts