Non Manufacturer up

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Currently have an old Marantz CD63SE. I see on E-Bay there are a few companies offering upgrades, which basically replaces many of the internal components in order to produce a much improved sound.

Has anyone any experience of these and what the results were. In simple terms, are they worth the money, or am I just better off investing in a new CD player ?

John Duncan

You'd be better off investing in (a) a new cd player or (b) a new DAC or (c) converting all your music to lossless on your PC and streaming it via a Squeezebox, Airport Express or other media client (with the possibility of (b) later).

(IMO, obviously)

T

the record spot

£350 is a big ask, this being for the Stage 1 upgrade you refer to. I think I'd be looking at a player improvement wholesale than an internal mod alone. £800-odd is even more of a big ask for their stage 3 upgrade.

A

Anonymous

Total waste of money, all your doing is changing the sound of how the original designer wanted it to sound, it add zero value, in fact it will devalue a product. Either get a new player or as has suggested rip to your PC and use it as a server.

A

Anonymous

Or even better, buy a Sony 995RDR (£270ish) and dub your CD's onto its 250g HD. Will sound excellent and you have a great piece of equipment to record TV off and up scale to HD TV broadcasts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts