Nokia Lumia 1020 with 41-megapixel camera coming on 11th July!

:cheer:

nokia-41-million.jpg

Nokia-Lumia-1020-Leak.jpg

More details emerge regarding specs:

· It has optical image stabilization (OIS) built in

· It takes the image in a 32MP and 5MP at the same time in 16:9

· The 5MP image is over sampled dropping 7pixels into one “super pixel”

· It shoots 38MP in 4:3

· “Nokia 909” was an early name for it but it will be “Lumia 1020” for release

· 2GB of RAM, an increase of 1GB from other high end Windows Phone 8 devices

· 32GB of internal storage, no SD

· WP8 V 8.0.10322.71

· FM radio (Amber)

· Flip to silence (Amber)

· NFC is on board

· Optional wireless charging backplate will be available

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Big problem: no apps, dying OS.

Looked into buying a Nokia recently but decided they're kind of in limbo at the mo. If they'd gone Android would have been interested, they make class phones. Decided to stick with my iPhone 3GS and go with the 5 when the 5S comes out.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'd disagree with dying OS - at the moment, it seems market share is growing (well, in the US at least). I think market share has to be shrinking in order to be considered dying?

Give it a year or two and then maybe....

I've been using Lumia 920 since September, and haven't missed out on any app for my purpose. I actually quite enjoy my phone, & the level of customisation it offers. Agree I wouldn't call it a dying OS at all. Microsoft have done a good job here (give credit where credit is due). It has its own quirks, like WhatsApp is buggy, but overall, it's very good.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Windows RT was always a temporary measure to plug a gap in the market while Microsoft wait for Intel x86 to shrink down enough to fit on a phone, so you can run windows proper.

It has been an absolute disaster, and the Windows phones are average at best, more like a mid-range Android but they still trying to command a topend price - and people complain when their "windows" phone doesnt run the same software as their PC.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
Big problem: no apps, dying OS.

Looked into buying a Nokia recently but decided they're kind of in limbo at the mo. If they'd gone Android would have been interested, they make class phones. Decided to stick with my iPhone 3GS and go with the 5 when the 5S comes out.

I'm sure i read about Windows phones out selling iPhone in certain places in europe

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Amazing clarity! :clap: But it seems Lumia 1020 wants to compete with Hasselblad. :grin:

Have you seen the pics on Facebook bigboss? one picture is from a high rise building ( looks like new york ) and from that pic you can zoom in and see so much detail

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend me an old skool camera that takes real film please. Second hand will be fine, I have a budget of about £300.

Where I work I have access to a pro darkroom and I would like to learn all about it.

Paul.

Supreme said:
Can anyone recommend me an old skool camera that takes real film please. Second hand will be fine, I have a budget of about £300.

Where I work I have access to a pro darkroom and I would like to learn all about it.

How old school do you want it? Do you want auto focus and great metering? A canon Eos 3 would be ace. Its not as sexy as a Canon 1v or a Nikon F4 as its a polycarbonate body, but has excelent af and metering (a should qualify that as excelent for the time). would leave you enough money for a 50mm 1.8 or a1.4 at a push. Not sure if you can still find 1v for that price I'm a bit out of the loop these days. If you want manual focus, I always had a soft spot for the Olympus OM4 Ti. It had multiple spot metering, which was very cool, not as cool as being titanium!

Supreme

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Paul. said:
Supreme said:

How old school do you want it? Do you want auto focus and great metering? A canon Eos 3 would be ace. Its not as sexy as a Canon 1v or a Nikon F4 as its a polycarbonate body, but has excelent af and metering (a should qualify that as excelent for the time). would leave you enough money for a 50mm 1.8 or a1.4 at a push. Not sure if you can still find 1v for that price I'm a bit out of the loop these days. If you want manual focus, I always had a soft spot for the Olympus OM4 Ti. It had multiple spot metering, which was very cool, not as cool as being titanium!

Thanks, will 'ave a look

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
What on earth does a camera phone need with 41mpx?

3 very good reasons.

1. If you want a large print, a 3mp image is too small. The higher the pixel density, the better the final image.

2. Pixel dumping - ie you don't take the 41 mp image and keep it, you use some fancy algorithm to make a better quality image at 5 mpx or so.

3. The most useful IMO, is "zoom". With a 41mp starting image, you can digitally zoom in with no loss of quality. ie 20.5 mpx is 2x zoom, 10mpx is 4x zoom and 5mpx is 8x zoom...All with no optical zoom... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts