Nokia contacts to Iphone - how?

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Would appreciate help with getting the contacts from the old Nokia to iPhone: I have hundreds of contacts on the old nokia and so far managed to get them off to a windows PC into the nokia software. from there I exported them into outlook (1997 version!), and from there into a pst file. but I cannot seem to find a way of get them into the iphone... anybody knows how to do that - using the pst file or another way...? I have both a win xp computer and a macmini so can use any.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Or though Outlook, you should be able to export contacts as vCards (see link) and these can then be imported into the Mac's Address Book, then synced with the iPhone. I'm pretty sure this is how I did it (though it was a while ago!).

Paul.

It may be easier to do it the old fasioned way, if you cant sync your old phone. Copy all contacts to sim on your nokia by doing:

1. Press the 'Menu' key.

2. Select 'Contacts'.
3. Select 'Options' (left softkey).
4. Scroll to Mark/Unmark and push the Navi key to the right, highlight 'Mark all' and 'Select' (left softkey).
5. Select 'Options' (left softkey)
6. Scroll to 'Copy' and push the Navi key to the right, highlight 'To SIM directory' and 'Select' (left softkey).

Then copy to the iPhone by doing:

Settings - >Mail, Contacts, Calendars ->Import SIM Contacts

Assuming you have bought a 4 or 4s, you will need to trim the card to fit, this is easy if you are ok with a scalple:

http://www.macnotes.net/files/2010/06/micro-sim-stencil-ipad3g-iphone4.pdf

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
BillDay66 said:
Leave the contacts in Outlook and just sync them from itunes... or am I missing something?

info - sync contacts - outlook

outlook 1997 is on an xp machine, it has contacts from nokia in outlook. Are you saying that in itunes on the same xp machine, I should be able to see these contacts and sync to iphone4s without wiping everything lese (note main music library etc is synced from another computer - a mac). I tried that yesterday but could not do it.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
BillDay66 said:
Leave the contacts in Outlook and just sync them from itunes... or am I missing something?

info - sync contacts - outlook

Done! It did not work at home - probably due to very old version of outlook, but it did work on the office coomputer.

so the chain was: nokia - nokia software - old outlook pst - new outlook - itunes sync to iphone. of casue you can skip a step if you go with new outlook.

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

yes this is also the best way to copy your contacts of nokia into your iphone.

A

Anonymous

you could also try to use this easy and cheap app

(Edited by mods - Please do not promote your own buisness)

kenwhiteyh

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Export the contacts from the Nokia in vcf format, then email it to yourself. If you can't email it from the Nokia then transfer it to your PC by Bluetooth or USB and then send the email from the PC. Open the email on your iPhone and add the contacts from the vcf. Then you can transfer contacts from Nokia to iPhone.

douglasroberts

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
It looks a little complex to transfer contacts from Nokia to iPhone.

Some guys said that I can use iTunes or some third-party transfer tool like TransPhone, but I don't what to do, any suggestion?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts