Noisy Sky HD box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I've had my Sky HD box for about 6 months now, but ever since it was delivered and installed I've been unhappy with the noise the box makes in comparison with my old standard Sky box.

I called Sky to ask if the noise was normal and I was told that it is because the box is contunually updating it's data and if it gets hot the fan kicks in to keep the box cool. I was even advised to turn off Sky Anytime which apparently is constantly updating.

The box is well ventilated on a proper AV stand and even with the Sky Anytime function disabled, my Sky HD box is noisey and can be heard over tv dialogue if it is a quiet scene or the volume is simply turned down low. Furthermore, I don't see why I should pay for an HD service and have to forego some of its functionality (i.e. Sky Anytime) to keep the noise down!

Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

Any suggestions/advice welcome.

Many thanks.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I had a problem where the fan got stuck "on" continuously for a couple of days, which was very noisy. I switched the mains power on and off and it seemed to cure it. No problems since.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a go and see if it sorts itself out.

A

Anonymous

I reported the same thing and was told cooling fan runs all the time. Sky said if under warranty will change it so contact your supplier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts