Noise Isolation - on a budget - Please Help?

ched999uk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
My partner is very noise sensitive (long story) and we have neighbours that play loudish music during the day, council are dealing but it will take time to resolve. The music can be heard through closed double glazing!

So I am trying to find some headphones that will block as much noise as possible for her. The way I understand it noise cancelling is mainly for low frequency rumble type noise. So I am thinking that noise isolating headphones might be best. Unfortunately she cant get on with IEM type headphones so I think over ear ones would be best.

As she hopefully wont need them indefinitely so we don't want to pay too much. If there are a pair of cans that are outstanding at noise isolation we may push the budget.

I have a very old pair of Goldring NS1000 noise cancelling phones that she likes and are comfy but the noise cancelling bit is iffy (bad connection that I can't find!) and while they are reasonable at noise isolation they could do with being a bit more isolating.

So is no audiofile by any means so no1 priority is noise isolation, no2 is comfort.

Anyway budget £100 but could be stretched if absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any suggestions.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
ched999uk said:
My partner is very noise sensitive (long story) and we have neighbours that play loudish music during the day, council are dealing but it will take time to resolve. The music can be heard through closed double glazing!

So I am trying to find some headphones that will block as much noise as possible for her. The way I understand it noise cancelling is mainly for low frequency rumble type noise. So I am thinking that noise isolating headphones might be best. Unfortunately she cant get on with IEM type headphones so I think over ear ones would be best.

As she hopefully wont need them indefinitely so we don't want to pay too much. If there are a pair of cans that are outstanding at noise isolation we may push the budget.

I have a very old pair of Goldring NS1000 noise cancelling phones that she likes and are comfy but the noise cancelling bit is iffy (bad connection that I can't find!) and while they are reasonable at noise isolation they could do with being a bit more isolating.

So is no audiofile by any means so no1 priority is noise isolation, no2 is comfort.

Anyway budget £100 but could be stretched if absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Check out the options at the HiFiHeadphonesUK site. They have a great selection.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts