Noise-cancelling Headphones

wacka

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I've been looking at the Bose Quiet Comfort 15 headphones and they get a 5 star rating in the magazine, is there a better set of noise-cancelling headphones in the same price range? Preferably over-ear.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
They're the best we've tested to date- beating our previous Award-winners, the Sennheiser PXC450 headphones: overview of the review here

I'd try and hear both before you buy - the Sennheisers are a slightly different proposition (bigger; run on standard batteries) you may prefer, even if we think the new Bose pair come out on top

I've only tried the Bose QuietComfort 2 & Goldring NS1000 (which I recently bought).

Bose is certainly better with sound (can't say it's 5 times better, considering it costs 5 times that of the Goldrings if you buy it from play.com) and much better with noise cancellation.

The problem with Goldrings I have noticed, is that they leak sound. Also, the case in which they come doesn't have a strap. I usually carry only my Bose headphones with me when I'm flying (& check the rest of my baggage in) and the strap comes in very handy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts