no sound through amp after change in VM box

tom2b

May 7, 2012
Visit site
good morning all,

I have set up a modest system where i linked in two spare speakers via a Teak Reference300 amplifier into my old(standart definition) virgin media box using a phono lead

I linked this up via the phono output on the box, and this worked fine

I have recently upgraded to a VM High Definition box,and this no longer has a phono output. I tried using a scart adapter to link up my phono cable from box to amplifier, but this didnt work?

Tried to also link the lead directly from amplifier to the TV (Samsung UE37EH5000), no luck..

Surpised that this does not work, as the VM box still has a scart output, and I would assume the'signal'is the same?

any ideas?

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I have VM HD, I use a scart adapter for the audio output. There are two types- you need to ensure you have an 'Out' one, not an 'In'.

Does yours have a label on it or any other markings? Sounds to me like you have an 'In' adapter...

tom2b

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...

Good point~ the adaptor does not clarify this~it is one of those multipoint adaptors, with three additional scart connections and one phono input(or output??) point that i got from sainsburys

From what you are saying, maybe amazon hold what I need~ I noticed they have'switchable'ones, were you can switch between input and output.

Best of all, these are only a few quid....

Would be more than happy if this would work, as the amp/speaker were basically spares that I had knocking about...

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, they are very cheap.

I got mine from Maplin, and rather embarrassingly had to take it back a few hours later and swap it for 'the other one'...

I would bet money your scart block is an input block for connecting several sources into one telly, so the phono sockets are to feed audio from, say, a console through the telly speakers.

Shove an output adapter on and you'll be sorted!

All the best

Jon.

TRENDING THREADS