No sound from my Arcam CD73T, options?????

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
Problem with my CD73T, no sound from analogue output but ok from digital output to my AVR300. Left a post last week about this and Andrew said he'd leave it connected with the digital cable. I don't think it sounds nearly as good connected this way instead of the using my QED analogue connections. Was wondering what you thought was my best option, either get it fixed by Arcam, not sure how much it would be but probably around £200 or could I get it upgraded to the CD82, CD93 (not sure if they still do this) or to the CD192. When a CD73T is upgraded is the whole board replaced, which would cure my fault, or is a new DAC board put on top of the original board, which may not cure my fault, although it probably would as I assume the problem lies on the DAC section as it's ok using a digital cable. Any thoughts and suggestions would be great.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Id deffo speak to Arcam about it. They do a standard 'service' which includes all part for £150 (i've had my Arcam Alpha 9 integrated and 9P power amps done recently) and theyve come back looking brand spanking new with new facias etc.

In regards to the the upgrade, yes they still do it but i think you'd be best at looking at Ebay and going for a 2nd hand CD82 or CD92, if you can stretch your budget.

TRENDING THREADS