No output from Cyrus X Power

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Just received a second X Power (and my system is now all wired up to vertically bi-amp), but... no output from the new one. The X Power is a "reprocessed" one in all the wrapping and box, from Moorgate. All cables and connections are fine, as I tested them with the original X Power in straight stereo mode. I then switched all the cables to the new one - green light on front but nothing out of speakers. Tried turning on/off/unplugging etc already.

I've also posted on the unofficial c site, but hoping someone here might have an idea before shops open again on Tuesday?

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm...

Putting aside my jealousy that you have 2 X Powers... :) ....

Does the original X Power work in your vertical biamp configuration - ie driving HF / LF?

If so, I would do a direct swap of the new X Power with the old X Power to see if there is a configuation issue with the other side of the wiring etc.

BTW, my X Power is repro - shipped to Australia - I would have been gutted if it were dead on arrival...

Just my 2 cents....

EO

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Yes the original worked alone in vertical amped format - great sound...from one speaker. I've tried (at suggestion of unofficial) to see if the chain function through new one to old one works - yes it does. But so far no sound out through the new one's speaker outputs -I've tried both sets of speaker outputs on the new one - no joy.

I'm going to try the new one in mono today - but won't solve my lack of stereo functioning, even if the mono works.

I'm sure Moorgate will be fine if there is an issue with the new one (it happens), but as I also buy my Apple gear through Apple's refurbished site, I'd hoped that Cyrus for this would be fine too (in theory, I've bought a machine that has had more factory attention and tlc than a standard one, and been double-checked, so should be fine?).

I'm hoping for the "duh, I'm an idiot" moment when it all starts working wonderfully :)

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Just a thought - is the switch on the back set to mono or stereo? Moorgate's are a good company and I am sure they will sort you out....if you can wait till Tuesday.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I had switches set to stereo when trying vertical bi-amping. I have just tried in mono setup (with switch set to mono) with just one speaker connected to one amp, firstly with the original X Power to be sure all the cables were correct - nice sound from the one speaker.

Then switched all the cables to the new repro X Power. Mono light comes on, green input light comes on (so signal being received), but no sound output.

Thanks for your help - I'll call Moorgate on Tuesday. After all the cable switching and experimenting, I think I'll cook the sunday roast, then settle back to some Derek + The Dominoes in stereo vinyl from the original X power.

A

Anonymous

He was listening to music and my X-Power to extinguished and the red light blinks. I cannot listen to music.Help.

A

Anonymous

smiley-cry.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts