Nice Rack !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Any Rack recommendations?

I'm looking for 4 shelves.

Might need a wide one on top for the turntable.....or do I go for a Shelf for that?

I like the look of the Technodec but it looks quite wide, are there Racks or shelves that can accommodate?
Don't worry will be listening to it 1st. - is it better than a Rega P3 24????

A

Anonymous

Have a look at Quadraspire Q4 Large - www.quadraspire.co.uk. Comes in many finishes.

A

Anonymous

hmmmmmm, thanks, but no keen on those.

Even though they appear to be quite wide fit a big TT

Hold on building my own in Black........................

Nice website.....HIGH PRICE !!

4 shelves = £680

£76 0 for Large

I guess I should of said Less than £200 - is that possible ???

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Try hifiracks.co.uk - bespoke to what you want, lots of finishes, nice fella who's a cabinetmaker by trade. He's called Bradley. And they sound great too.

A

Anonymous

How about http://www.soundstyle.net/i314c225/FinewoodsRange/WG4_-_4_Shelf_HiFi_Support.htm?mennum=225

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
We all love nice rack
emotion-2.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]

Ohaiyo gozaimasu, boss!

[/quote]

That's the Pocky craving back, then....

But to return to the topic of this thread, we've found Target racks a good budget buy

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare,

I hear the Atacama Equinox is quite good, looks nice too.

I thought they were £125 for 4 shelves but found out that was just for the base.

How do the Targets compare to the Equinox?

& is there a Target you would recommend........had a look in the mag S230.......checking now.

Don't appear to come in Black.

Might have to stretch to £250 - £300 for Equinox

Unless theres any other good sounding Black recommendations.

John Duncan

That looks like a Crunchie with a speech impediment though - not sure we're talking the same genre here. Or did I misinterpret wikipedia's description of Pocky (quite likely, since I only read briefly and saw the words 'biscuit' and 'chocolate' in the same sentence)?

A

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ATACAMA-EQUINOX-HIFI-EQUIPMENT-RACK-total-of-5-shelves_W0QQitemZ260225005203QQihZ016QQcategoryZ96957QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is also these from atacama, look pretty damn tidy for 200 notes if you ask me. It's buy it now too, live anywhere near northhamptonshire?

One question I have about racks.. Say I have a big fat heavy LCD TV, do all, some, most or what of hifi racks support the weight of this? Is it generally a bad idea for sound, or does the extra weight perhaps help damp vibrations?

Thoughts on big TV on hifi rack pls.. good or bad idea?

John Duncan

[quote user="Mr_Poletski"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ATACAMA-EQUINOX-HIFI-EQUIPMENT-RACK-total-of-5-shelves_W0QQitemZ260225005203QQihZ016QQcategoryZ96957QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is also these from atacama, look pretty damn tidy for 200 notes if you ask me. It's buy it now too, live anywhere near northhamptonshire?

One question I have about racks.. Say I have a big fat heavy LCD TV, do all, some, most or what of hifi racks support the weight of this? Is it generally a bad idea for sound, or does the extra weight perhaps help damp vibrations?

Thoughts on big TV on hifi rack pls.. good or bad idea?[/quote]
Shame he needs black, or I;d just say buy it, great deal.

I'd be wary of putting a big telly on top of one of those though - bit of a high centre of gravity there.............

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"] Ohaiyo gozaimasu, boss! [/quote]

"You are early!" OR "Good Morning"

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Mr_Poletski"]..... from atacama, look pretty damn tidy for 200 notes if you ask me. It's buy it now too, live anywhere near northhamptonshire?
[/quote]
Yes I saw this, but as John said I need/want black.

I thought it was a good deal for £200, and thought about going for the silver instead.

But, I know I will regret it afterwards, not getting what I wanted, colour wise & won't match the Atacama SE24's I have my heart set on.

Audio Affair seem to be the cheapest for BRAND NEW, I think it comes to ~£250 for 4 shelf, in BLACK.

Looking at the Target now too, are they comparable to the Atacama?

Thanks for your replies, pocky & all.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'd just make sure you buy an AV rack rather than a hi-fi one - the proper ones tend to be wider and more stable, and above all have stronger shelves to bear the weight of a telly

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Some people may laugh but I'd recommend an argos table system;

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6103561/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500010971.Furniture%2Band%2Bfurnishings%3EC%24cip%3D1500011073.Living%2Broom%2Bfurniture%3EC%24cip%3D1500011078.Entertainment%2Bcabinets%2Band%2Bunits.htm

I had different racks over the years and still have a nice Soundstyle one in use but for practicality, price and good looks this is hard to beat. Comes with 3 tiers but buy two for 30quid or so and you have a four tier and matching TT one. Legs can be sand filled too.

You can spend twenty times more and get less.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts