Nexus 7 slip cover

Here's my assessment:

1) Brilliant screen. More responsive than the iPad.

2) Light weight & ideal for games like Temple Run (easier to play than the iPad).

3) Not comfortable with general surfing on a 7-inch screen, although Google Chrome is quite fast.

4) Disappointed about not being able to connect it to a TV or a projector.

5) Number of apps still lagging behind iOS.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi relocated, I haven't had it very long, but initial impressions are highly favourable, it seems to be a very well made bit of kit, the touchscreen is great to use, although I can't say how it compares to an iPad or any other tablets - I haven't used any of them. Seems quite heavy to me, I guess I've got used to the featherweight Kindle e-reader, but that's a good thing, it gives the Nexus a quality feel.I'm surprised how easily I've taken to web browsing on a small screen, although it won't replace my laptop for that role I think I'll only use it for that occasionally.The main reason I bought the Nexus was to replace an iPod as my Sonos controller, I haven't had time to set it up yet, but I think it's going to be a fantastic replacement.For my purposes I think it's the perfect size (it sits on the arm of my armchair nicely!) the iPad and others are a bit bigger than I'd like/need. I had originally intended to buy a Kindle Fire, but they dragged their heels so badly introducing it to the UK that I gave up on that idea. I realise I could have got the 16GB Kindle Fire for less than the Nexus but I'd already made my mind up - and that was that!!

Hi relocated, I haven't had it very long, but initial impressions are highly favourable, it seems to be a very well made bit of kit, the touchscreen is great to use, although I can't say how it compares to an iPad or any other tablets - I haven't used any of them. Seems quite heavy to me, I guess I've got used to the featherweight Kindle e-reader, but that's a good thing, it gives the Nexus a quality feel.

I'm surprised how easily I've taken to web browsing on a small screen, although it won't replace my laptop for that role I think I'll only use it for that occasionally.

The main reason I bought the Nexus was to replace an iPod as my Sonos controller, I haven't had time to set it up yet, but I think it's going to be a fantastic replacement.

For my purposes I think it's the perfect size (it sits on the arm of my armchair nicely!) the iPad and others are a bit bigger than I'd like/need. I had originally intended to buy a Kindle Fire, but they dragged their heels so badly introducing it to the UK that I gave up on that idea. I realise I could have got the 16GB Kindle Fire for less than the Nexus but I'd already made my mind up - and that was that!!

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Big & Diamond,

Thanks for the info guys. Very interesting about the iPad comparison. Too many choices and incompatibilities for my tiny brain I think especially now I run Apple Lossless into an ATV.

:?

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I finally set up my Nexus to command my Sonos the other day, I was right, it is a fantastic replacement for the iPod. I love the new Sonos controller software too (I hadn't updated for a while), overall it's a much more satisfying experience. It's nice on landscape mode to have the playing now window and the library window side by side and the playback controls across the top. As ever with a new toy I'm playing a whole load more music, which can't be bad* 8)

Still haven't got a slip cover though :doh:

*unless you're my neighbour

John Duncan

bigboss said:
Here's my assessment:

1) Brilliant screen. More responsive than the iPad.

2) Light weight & ideal for games like Temple Run (easier to play than the iPad).

3) Not comfortable with general surfing on a 7-inch screen, although Google Chrome is quite fast.

4) Disappointed about not being able to connect it to a TV or a projector.

5) Number of apps still lagging behind iOS.

It's all about the apps for me. So many great iPad apps are poorly implemented on Android, don't work on Jellybean or simply don't exist. The screen is good, and it makes a fantastic bookreader (much better than the iPad) because you can actually hold it. I have no urge to connect it to a projector or TV (that's what my bluray player's for).

TRENDING THREADS