Nexus 7 32Gb at John Lewis

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I wanted to get a Nexus 7 32Gb this weekend at John Lewis. Whilst they aren't cheaper than elsewhere and £199 pretty much being the standard price they have a 2 year warranty on all tablets. Plus I have a John Lewis gift voucher and there are double points when you use your Partnership Card this weekend.

Unfortunately the Nexus 7 32Gb is out of stock on johnlewis.com so I emailed them to find out when it was going to be back in stock. I was somewhat besumed by the reply I received,

"Thank you for your email regarding the availability of the Google nexus 7 tablet.

Having checked our stock database, I regret to inform you, we do not have any current plans to receive any further shipments of this item.

I am sorry I was unable to help you further."

The Nexus 7 32Gb hasn't been out that long and they are saying they are no longer going to stock it. I find this rather strange given how favourable all the reviews and as a cheaper credible alternative to the iPad Mini. Especially given this is the run up to Christmas.

Unless I'm missing something here?

A

Anonymous

That does seem very strange, I wonder what Google are up to as they don't even sell the new Nexus 4 smartphone in many countries, including Ireland. It seems to me that their ultra low prices are a bit of a tease.

D

Deleted member 2457

Tesco got it in stock at £189 with code tdx-rjmw.

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Picked up mine that was reserved today. It was sold out so glad I had reserved one. I had a John Lewis gift voucher sent to me for free and also they a 2 year warranty on all tablets so I wanted to get it from there.

Bit confused about warranties - doesn't EU law mean all consumer electronics come with a 2 year warranty?

D

Deleted member 2457

I think Google website has these back in stock again, not sure if their prices are cheap or not.

T

the record spot

Spoke to John Lewis in Edinburgh tonight; they have around 3,000 on order across the company, but that order is unfulfilled as yet. They weren't sure why, but they've got that stock due. Unfortunately, they couldn't give a date when it would arrive by either.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts