admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I'm ashamed to say i haven't upgraded my hifi for approx fifteen years! So the time has finally come for some upgrades, at the moment I have Rotel RCD 965 BX cd player, Arcam Alpha 5 amp and Mission 782 speakers. This was all obtained via the insurance company as my beloved old QED amp and B&W speakers were stolen and to be honest i've never thought the sound of it was that good as it was a bit too relaxed and gentle for me compared to my sparkly old set up. So with about £1200 to spend my question/plea for help is-over the last fifteen years has hifi kit improved in sound quality or might i just as well stay with my soild perfectly working present set up? If so with detail and sparkle being my preferences rather than huge bass what should i be looking at? Thanks in advance for any advice that would bring me back up to date!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would suggest the Marantz CD and PM 6002s, both at around £270 each, along with a pair of B&W 685s on a decent pair of stands (total around £500). Also audition the MS RS6s for similar money.

This would make a big difference to what you currently have...

Alternatively and for a totally different viewpoint, check out the AVI ADM9.1s. With a pair of stands they will max out your budget, but you can use the rotel as transport (assuming it has a digital-out socket) and the ADM9.1s perform the job of a DAC, Amp and speakers...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts