newbie with new TV seeks help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a Samsung Series 5 "32 to add to my Sky Plus box and Sony Dav X1 dvd system. They are all hooked up by good quality scart leads, but the picture on my TV from Sky is awful - not what I was expecting. The dvd picture is good though. Any advice on what cables to use to remedy the poor Sky picture? Also, should I use a HDMI cable to link the DAV X1 to the TV even though it's not Blu-ray? Any advice on optimising my system appreciated!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think an HDMI cable would probably improve the picture, but I'd see if you can borrow one from a local dealer with a money back offer to be sure. On the Scart lead, this QED Scart lead that I used to use on my old DVD player (before getting a PS3) drastically improved the picture of my Freeview PVR when I upgraded (NB - it only carries the video signal, so you'd need an alternate connection to your amp / TV e.g. digital coaxial / optical / RCA phono leads). This one is also highly rated by WHF a couple of years back. Again, if you can, get it on money back guarantee in case it's not the cable which is your issue.

TRENDING THREADS