Newbie in need of some advice for new setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I need some advice and suggestions on the following.

Here’s the brief story.

Basically, I have the Apple iPhone 4 and would like to get a docking station so that I can listen to the music tracks inside it. Was looking and tested some docking stations like B&W Zeppelin, Arcam rCube, Parrot Zikmu, Bose SoundDock 10, Epoz Aktimate Maxi etc. I must say I pretty much like Epoz Aktimate Maxi.

And currently I have an old stereo hifi system consisting of the Rotel stereo integrated amplifier RA-1060, Rotel CD player RCD-1070, Rotel tuner RT-02 and a pair of Mission 780 speakers. Unfortunately the pair of speakers is spoilt so no longer functioning.

Now comes the question.

Option 1:

Should I get a docking station to enjoy the music in my iPhone 4? If so what’s a good choice?

Option 2:

Or should I just get a dock/converter to hook the iPhone to my Rotel integrated amplifier, if so any good recommendations? And if I go for this option I would also need to get a new pair of speakers too. Any recommendations for speakers? Do note my room is not very spacious so I’m looking at book shelf speakers and I already have a pair of stands for it.

Thanks in advance & have a nice day!

A

Anonymous

Any comments or suggestions?

Heard HRT's iStreamer pretty good, anyone here has any feedback on this?

Thank you.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Go for the dock/charger into the Rotel. The apple dock (£35ish) does the job perfectly.

You could always pick up another pair of 780s/MS10i Pearls secondhand or alternatively something like the Mission MX1, MA BX2s or Dali Lektor 1s if you prefer new.

Either way you are going to be saving cash and getting better sound than one of the all-in-ones.

Of course, all of this is IMO...

A

Anonymous

fatboyslimfast:Go for the dock/charger into the Rotel.

Agreed.

A

Anonymous

So any comments? Am'I looking at the correct Apple Dock? Or better off with the HRT's iStreamer? Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts