Newbie here, Dali Zensor 3 & 1, Sony STR-DN850 A/V Receiver

Sanicorpus

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Nice to be here among you wise audiophiles. So I've recently picked up a pair of Dali Zensor 3 and Dali Zensor 1 speakers, which will be hooked up to a Sony STR-DN850 A/V receiver. Never owned speakers anywhere near this quality (Klipsch Promedia 2.1 is the best I've owned) and I've never owned an A/V receiver. Nevertheless, I have a good idea of what to do, I just could use some helpful suggestions for speaker cable and banana plugs.

Here's the dilemma: I'm spending hours upon hours trying to find a 12 gauge speaker cable and closed screw banana plug combination that won't break the bank and can possibly be ordered in Spain (where I live), although ordering in the U.S. is not a problem as I will be visiting there soon and can have relatives ship me the cables and connectors if necessary. And in the meantime, I can pick up a dirt cheap alternative to hold me over until I have the good stuff.

Now, I've read about Knuconceptz, Blue Jean, Audioquest (seemingly out of my desired price range), Monoprice (mixed reviews), and others. And in terms of banana plugs, I've read about Monoprice and Sewell (leaning towards Sewell, seems to be quality for the money, just bloody expensive on Amazon Spain to order the Sewells, not bad if ordered in the U.S.)

I'll need no more than 50 feet of cable and exactly 8 pairs of connectors. I'd like to spend no more than, say, $1 per foot, at most, on the cable. Ideally, I'd prefer not to go with something as plain jane as a transparent copper cable, such as Monoprice's oxygen free cable. If it had a black coating or something, I think that would aesthetically be more pleasing.

I'd be very grateful for the help on my first go at this considering the receiver and speakers involved. I want a full sound, with clarity and precise bass. Many thanks in advance for your recommendations and experience.

Sanicorpus in Spain

Banana plugs are useful only if you plan to disconnect and reconnect multiple times. If it's just for a single time, then direct wire connection is better.

I'm buying a standard speaker cable for installation in the new house which is copper with transparent coating. Not sure what's available in Spain to advise you.

My current house has IXOS cable.

Sanicorpus

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Banana plugs are useful only if you plan to disconnect and reconnect multiple times. If it's just for a single time, then direct wire connection is better.

I'm buying a standard speaker cable for installation in the new house which is copper with transparent coating. Not sure what's available in Spain to advise you.

My current house has IXOS cable.

Thanks for the reply, BigBoss. And direct wire connection is perfectly safe for both speakers and A/V receiver? And what is IXOS cable? Is that a brand or some kind of special electrical platform for wiring within the home?

Many thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts