New wireless headphones, reduced volume?

Freddo1971

Mar 27, 2018
Visit site
I am looking to buy my first pair of wireless headphones and I thought it would be simple, ha!

with a budget of around £200 I started to look around but with little knowledge they all look pretty similar. I obviously needed to try a few and thanks to some friends I have tried 3 sets, model numbers not essential hear but I tried some Sony on ear, Bose around/over ear and Sennheiser over ear. For the record, I liked the Bose based on quality and comfort. However what I should be judging them on primarily is the sound yet I found myself disappointed with all 3. I like my music loud, yes I enjoy the clarity but I want some oomph!!! All the headsets appear to be restricted regarding their volume. I was listening to the same track on each played through Spotify and from my iPhone.

So my question really is:

Is there some restriction on the max volume of new wireless headphones?

Is it due to the source I.e the phone/Spotify?

are there sets available without restriction?

sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn’t find anything specific here.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Fred.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Freddo1971 said:
I am looking to buy my first pair of wireless headphones and I thought it would be simple, ha!

with a budget of around £200 I started to look around but with little knowledge they all look pretty similar. I obviously needed to try a few and thanks to some friends I have tried 3 sets, model numbers not essential hear but I tried some Sony on ear, Bose around/over ear and Sennheiser over ear. For the record, I liked the Bose based on quality and comfort. However what I should be judging them on primarily is the sound yet I found myself disappointed with all 3. I like my music loud, yes I enjoy the clarity but I want some oomph!!! All the headsets appear to be restricted regarding their volume. I was listening to the same track on each played through Spotify and from my iPhone.

So my question really is:

Is there some restriction on the max volume of new wireless headphones?

Is it due to the source I.e the phone/Spotify?

are there sets available without restriction?

sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn’t find anything specific here.

Hope you can help. Thanks. Fred.

I don't know what the volume issue could be, but you're the first person I've read who mentioned:

On ear, Around ear, and Over ear.

I know what on-ear means, and I know what around-ear means, but what is over-ear?

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing its probably the iPhone as most decent brands are subject to EU regulation that restricts audio output to limit ear damage.

TRENDING THREADS