Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, i'm pleased to announce i'm a proud owner of a Samusung 37" B550, got it for €499, a good price me thinks.

Can't wait to set it up when I get home later.

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Have set up now with sky+ box and Arcam dv79 DVD player.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of have to calibrate the set to achieve a good picture, is there a general guideline, or would I need to purchase a disc to do this correctly.

Have the sky+ box connected up via a qed scart and have a fine pic, would a sky HD box come near this result for non hd channels I wonder.

As stated I have a Arcam DV79 dvd player, it still produces a cracking pic, but would a decent blu ray player with upscaling sd dvd's produce better results, many thanks in advance to all who reply.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Dermondo:Can anyone point me in the right direction of have to calibrate the set to achieve a good picture, is there a general guideline, or would I need to purchase a disc to do this correctly.

A DVD with the THX Optimiser on it would be a good start.

Have the sky+ box connected up via a qed scart and have a fine pic, would a sky HD box come near this result for non hd channels I wonder.

Probably not, there's a few people here who reckon they get a better SD picture from their old Sky+ box than their new HD box. The SkyHDs upscaler isn't very good, so if you do get it, set the picture output to auto and let the TV upscale.

As stated I have a Arcam DV79 dvd player, it still produces a cracking pic, but would a decent blu ray player with upscaling sd dvd's produce better results, many thanks in advance to all who reply.

Impossible to answer that question, it'll depend very much on the BD player. Blu-rays will obviously look better than even the Arcam can manage however.

TRENDING THREADS