New TV to replace KRP 50

Englishbull

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

before I start the long search on a new TV. Can anyone speed my search up on a new TV. Current one I have is a Pioneer KRP 500a. Now it is still working but wondering if there is something better out there at present. Had a strange thing happen this week, blue and red light flashing in bottom corner. Seems fine now but you never know!!!.

Screen size min 50-55 inch, I've seen some of these curved TVs in Richer Sounds but not looked into them as yet.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You might find this thread interesting

http://www.avforums.com/threads/oled-pictures-and-comparison-thread.1901761/page-4#post-21154071

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Englishbull said:
Can anyone speed my search up on a new TV. Current one I have is a Pioneer KRP 500a. Now it is still working but wondering if there is something better out there at present.

It partly depends on what you mean by better. Certainly your and BigBoss's KRP 500As, and my Pioneer LX5090, don't do 3D, are "only" 1080p resolution not 4K, and don't have Freeview HD tuners. If these missing features are important to you, then let's talk. If not, hang on to your Pioneer KRP500A for as long as you can. By the way, if money is burning a hole in your pocket, have you had your Pioneer calibrated? If you've not, then calibration will be the best possible upgrade.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi englishbull if you look on avf there are alot of guys who have tweaked there voltages on the krp to get good improvement on blacks and overall p/q,i have done this on my tv and very pleased how my tv is looking,the blacks on my tv are amazing.if your not intrested in 3d i would stick with your krp.heres some pictures thread of the krp in action.cheers david

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/920011-official-pioneer-kuro-pictures-thread-252.html&sa=U&ei=JUMZVP_aEcaK7AbN-YHYDw&ved=0CAgQFjAB&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNGz9XWue_b5lpvDNTGdc8bomDxAaQ

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have just had a look through those pictures - they are excellent no doubt.

It does look like he is running a high contract on the set - it gives the image zing but sometimes the edges of people dont look right - they look eetched on the screen. Check the pirates of the caribean ones out - shows it up

This could be my monitor or

This could be the editing of the film because its shot on blue screen

or it could be a gamma issue due to the high contrast. I found running the contrast high on my Kuro gave a real 3D image but poeple didnt always look like they were part of the image more stuck on. I decided that wasnt right for me - but I could be wrong in that assumption :)

EDIT: edit again, Its not as high as I intially thought - due to his calibration method - so I am wrong

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts