New Turntable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Current set up - Project Debut Phono SB with Ortofon OM5, Cyrus 7, Cyrus CD7, KEF Q55.2 speakers.

The turntable was originally purchased 5 years ago to play my old vinyl. Since then I have found myself adding to my vinyl collection and was considering purchasing the Project Xperience Xpack. I am trying to convince my other half that the new addition would vastly improve my listening pleasure. Would that be the case ?

I like the electronic speed change on my current Project and so want to replace with something else offering this function. The specs tab on the What Hifi review also indicates the Xperience comes with a Phono amp. Would I benefit from adding a separate Phono Amp or is the one supplied with the deck sufficient ? If a separate Phono Amp would be beneficial would the Cambridge Audio Azur 640P be in order (not much left in the coffers should I eventually purchase a new deck in the £700-£800 price range) ?

Any opions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Rega P5 + TT-PSU (power supply + electronic speed change)

£698 + £148 (£725 for the P5 in Cherry wood finish)

I would suggest an Ortofon 2M Blue and Rega Fono-Mini to partner it.

Or...

One of the new coloured Rega P3-24 + TT-PSU packages (High gloss red, green, white, yellow or black) £598 (including TT-PSU) and an Ortofon 2M Blue with Fono-Mini MM phono stage (£125 + £55)

nads

dirkjnr:

The turntable was originally purchased 5 years ago to play my old vinyl. Since then I have found myself adding to my vinyl collection and was considering purchasing the Project Xperience Xpack. I am trying to convince my other half that the new addition would vastly improve my listening pleasure. Would that be the case ?

there is no such pack? do you mean the 2 Xperience SuperPack? http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=xperiencesp&cat=turntables&lang=en

It does not come with a phono amp but does need on. I comes with a speed changer and a £300 MC cartridge. It is a very good buy.

have a google for reviews on the Cartridge.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
A

Anonymous

In the UK it is indeed called the X-Pack, but doesn't come with a phono pre amp, just the speed box & a rather good ortofon Rondo Red cartridge.

Sonically (& visually) it would be a great upgrade for you and is very well priced for all that it offers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info regarding the lack of a phono amp with the pack. Would the Cambridge Audio Azur 640P be a suitable purchase for the Xperience & my Cyrus 7 ? Any more suitable Phono Amps around this price bracket up to £100 ?

TRENDING THREADS