New Turntable Advice

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Having upgraded a fair amount of my setup on the CD, amp and speaker front, and with good sound benefits each time, my wife has now asked me to do something about our turntable. Yeah! I currently have a basic Pro-ject Genie 2 (cost about £100 from Richer) and has actually been pretty good VFM.

However, two issues - wife thinks it looks very "Heath Robinson", and it has no lid (gathers dust) - so is happy for me to upgrade, but whatever I get has to have fewer visible mechanics...and have an integrated lid (not one of those sit over the top jobs).

My eyes had been on the Rega P3-24 or even the Clearaudio Concept that WHFSV rated so highly - but looks like these don't have lids.

New or second-hand options (even better) ok. Budget up to £1k. Thanks!

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i think all the rega's come with lids.. they dont show them in the pictures for some reason.. cause i had the same thought when buying my RP1.. but it doest have a lid...

A

Anonymous

The Rega comes standard with a lid, the Clearaudio comes with an optional lid. The Clearaudio is a significant notch up in sound quality, and is a bargain at the current pricing, IMO.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Slovo:The Rega comes standard with a lid, the Clearaudio comes with an optional lid. The Clearaudio is a significant notch up in sound quality, and is a bargain at the current pricing, IMO.

Really tempted by the ClearAudio, as would probably be my turntable for life, but from what I can find, the ClearAudio optional lid costs an extra £110 - I think my wife would kill me if I spent that much on an upturned plastic box. Might have to be the Rega.

A

Anonymous

The Rega P3-24 is a great turntable and it definately comes with a lid.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
garry_wise:The Rega P3-24 is a great turntable and it definately comes with a lid.

Thanks. From another thread tonight, it sounds like there might be an imminent replacement from Rega for the P3-24?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts