New Toy has arrived

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20200613_112222.jpg

IMG_20200613_114534.jpg

Early signs are promising, I heard a lot of negativity about the StreamMagic app online. I had to buy blind RS are not located here in Dublin. Got to say I actually prefer the app over the MusicCast app I had tried with the Yamaha WXC-50 and NP-S303 Network players. The latest firmware has Roon, any love on here for Roon never used it before but I'm curious. Tempted to retire my Marantz CD6005 player now. The CXN v2 is very good at playing my USB files.

D

Deleted member 2457

View attachment 1370

View attachment 1371

Early signs are promising, I heard a lot of negativity about the StreamMagic app online. I had to buy blind RS are not located here in Dublin. Got to say I actually prefer the app over the MusicCast app I had tried with the Yamaha WXC-50 and NP-S303 Network players. The latest firmware has Roon, any love on here for Roon never used it before but I'm curious. Tempted to retire my Marantz CD6005 player now. The CXN v2 is very good at playing my USB files.
That looks very cool, do you need speakers as well or will it work with iPad and iPhones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stuart.W.D
Very nice. I have a hankering for something that I am not sure exists - something that looks like that (quality finish, reasonably-sized screen etc) but which doesn't have its own DAC - I'd prefer not to pay for that part and use my CDP's DAC instead.

Very nice. I have a hankering for something that I am not sure exists - something that looks like that (quality finish, reasonably-sized screen etc) but which doesn't have its own DAC - I'd prefer not to pay for that part and use my CDP's DAC instead.
There are some music library / streamers / servers around like the Lumin U1 mini, Aurender N100H, but quality doesn't come cheap.....

rainsoothe

Hi Gel, I have them connected to a pair of KEF LS50 speakers. I'm sure the right pair of active speakers would work nicely with the V2. I use Android so unfortunately I cannot comment on the IPhone mate, maybe someone could clarify that for you 🤔
Congrats and enjoy, hope it's a keeper - I, for one, love the CXN. As for roon, I have yet to see one negative comment, and supposedly it's the best interface right now. I think they offer a free trial, so defo try it out.

D

Deleted member 160668

Congrats dude, the CXN's are very good indeed. I've just upgraded to the big bro 851N this week, based off the back of how impressed I was with mine.

FWIW, I found the Streammagic app a bit flakey, the CA Connect was better (for me).

I've heard the best app to run it with is Bubble Upnp, although I'm yet to try this myself.

Enjoy your toy dude, they are awesome.

D

Deleted member 188516

View attachment 1370

View attachment 1371

note the advice regarding cables on the box !

D

Deleted member 160668

Congrats dude, the CXN's are very good indeed. I've just upgraded to the big bro 851N this week, based off the back of how impressed I was with mine.

FWIW, I found the Streammagic app a bit flakey, the CA Connect was better (for me).

I've heard the best app to run it with is Bubble Upnp, although I'm yet to try this myself.

Enjoy your toy dude, they are awesome.
Actually saying that, I haven't used the CA Connect app for a couple of months as I'm on a tidal 4 months for £4 deal and needed to use a new email to get it to work and couldn't get the CA Connect app to forget my main email address (as opposed to one I've used for the deal). Pretty sure you can still use it though.

I've downloaded the Bubble UpNp app, but am yet to try it. I'll report back when I do (unless you beat me to it!).

Have fun 👍😁

D

Deleted member 108165

note the advice regarding cables on the box !
Cashing in on optional extras. CA must have a special copper mine :) HiFi manufacturers are learning fast from the motor industry.

D

Deleted member 188516

Cashing in on optional extras. CA must have a special copper mine :) HiFi manufacturers are learning fast from the motor industry.

maybe they view the "freebie" interconnects that cost £1 to expensive to include...or maybe they are deemed to be inadequate !

D

Deleted member 108165

Ooh, be careful, we aren't allowed to go off topic or discuss purchasing a Bible :)

D

Deleted member 188533

Ooh, be careful, we aren't allowed to go off topic or discuss purchasing a Bible :)
I don't make the rules I just enforce them. ;)

That being said there are certain subjects that can bring about animosity and are best avoided. Hence the no GRAPES (guns, religion, abortion, politics, economics, sexuality) rule. If families can't be civil about some topics you sure can't expect people of different nationalities and backgrounds to agree to disagree on some of those subjects.

jjbomber

About 20 years ago I bought a minidisc player from Richer Sounds. That was a 100 mile round trip. When I got home, no cables! Arrggghhhh. So I wrote a polite letter to Julian to suggest that he trains his staff to look out for opportuninties to sell extras. It helps keep customers happy, as there's nothing worse than having a new toy and not being able to use it.

I got a nice letter back thanking me for my positive contribution and he said it would be added to the training. I got a £10 voucher as a thank you. Also, every purchaser was added into a prize draw for a £20 voucher and I was one of the 5 winners for that. So I got £30 for my idea. I'm sure Richer Sounds have got far more than that over 20 years!

I think it's great marketing to add it to the box. It reminds the staff of their real job.

I don't make the rules I just enforce them. ;)

That being said there are certain subjects that can bring about animosity and are best avoided. Hence the no GRAPES (guns, religion, abortion, politics, economics, sexuality) rule. If families can't be civil about some topics you sure can't expect people of different nationalities and backgrounds to agree to disagree on some of those subjects.
How about GRAPESCM? Adding cables and mains would cut down on friction!

D

Deleted member 188516

This was why the last forum was terminated.
Relevant posts are welcomed of course. If you need more information then ask in a separate thread.
I am not stopping people posting as long as the said posts are relevant.

lots of threads (if not all) have been / get derailed since the forum was restarted and i think it was due to finance, and not this reason, that the old forum was terminated.

D

Deleted member 108165

Nope, the old forum was closed due to hosting issues with the new owners of the mag.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts