New to headphones - So which ones?!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
As we've recently moved into our new house, and it's a semi, my stereo system is now bieng sold as it just can't be used to its fullest :(

I'm going to have our old sofa put into my home office and I'm after a decent headphone and DAC/headphone amplifier set-up to connect to my MacBook Pro etc...

Budget of say max £150 for the headphones and the same for the DAC/headphone amp

Currently looking at the Grado SR80i's for headphones and the Aune X1DAC/headphone amp (ideally I'd like to use the digital out on my MBP)

Any other suggestions? 8)

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the Grado are open-back, yes? You would be OK with hearing sounds around you nearby? And other persons would be OK with hearing your music, since the Grado is fully open?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Doesnt matter if they're open or closed backed; sorry should have said!

They'll be for my office/den so there'll only be me in it and the door will be shut as well etc...

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
d_a_n1979 said:
Doesnt matter if they're open or closed backed; sorry should have said! They'll be for my office/den so there'll only be me in it and the door will be shut as well etc...

That Aune X1 may be relatively inexpensive, but it's going to pump out some very high quality detail. Personally, I'd up the headphone ante, to maybe a Soundmagic HP100 or HP200, where you'd get better balance, detail, and much greater comfort.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts