New telly 4k

• Thread starter QuestForThe13thNote
  • Start date
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

ive got about £3k to spend on a new telly and want to take a trip over to 4K. I want a 50 inch set to replace my Panasonic vt30 50 inch telly. These are my requirements

- something light and not too heavy for transporting if I move it.

- good with motion and no blur and natural plasma esque colours, not in your face colours, but obviously the 4K definition

- I like Panasonic TVs but have had Sony before.

Im a bit worried that nothing will beat my Panasonic for everyday viewing and the fact that 4K content is limited. What's the deal too on 4K content, last I looked only available on apps like Netflix. I'm thinking of a 4K player to update my hard disk Panasonic blu Ray recorder. What should o go for.

Sorry but I'm more into hi fi on this site so don't know my stuff that well on TVs, but can anyone recommend me a set. Is 4K coming down in price too. I understand oled is best which I want.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
To get brightness levels close to plasmas you should be looking at OLED models. The brand doesn't matter that much, IMHO, as I am told only LG make OLED panels (I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that).

Personally I have my doubts about the reliability of the rest of LG's packages so I personally (I emphasise) would look at the not LG OLED models, even if the panel IS from LG.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I would suggest going for the biggest screen that fits your place. I have a LG 65 inch 4k. And Iam not too bothered at the lack of content, as I find it still does a better job than my other Samsung 51 inch plasma on the same DVD. So worth the investment in my opinion. I mainly use Netflix, Google movies and Amazon prime to stream. There is decent enough streaming 4k content too. Iam presently not considering a 4k player at the present price levels , you can consider a roku UHD player for streaming services till prices for 4k players come down.

Benedict_Arnold said:
To get brightness levels close to plasmas you should be looking at OLED models. The brand doesn't matter that much, IMHO, as I am told only LG make OLED panels (I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that).

Personally I have my doubts about the reliability of the rest of LG's packages so I personally (I emphasise) would look at the not LG OLED models, even if the panel IS from LG.
Panel is only one part of the TV. It's also the picture processing that matters and varies between brands.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts