New Television. Sony.Samsung.Panasonic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. Looking for some advice first i would like to ask which gives a better quality picture a Plasma or a LCD,I am not into tha blu-rays/dvd players/playstations i am just looking to get a TV that gives quality picture as i do like my sports must be 1080 Hdi preferably 100Hz i have got a budget of £1000 to spend any advice would be most welcome.

Colin

A

Anonymous

It wont be a philips got one at the moment had loads of trouble with the HDI screen keeps going blue.can anyone tell me what the equivalent is in plasma what 1080 hd is in lcd
Cheers

A

Anonymous

There is no definitve answer as to whether a plasma or LCD panel gives the best picture.

They're both capable of excellent results. They are simply different to each other.

An LCD can be much brighter and it's pictures, subjectively, pack more punch than a plasma, it also doesn't suffer from screen burn whcih can happen top a lasma if it's operated with stationary images on too high a contrast setting.

Conversely it is more lkely to exhibit smearing with fast moving objects and (particualrly on the lower specified models) may struggle to resolve picture details in dark and shadowy areas. Also backlight leakage is not unheard of on certain models and the viewing angle is (theoretically) less than aplasma..

A plasma will give a more restrained (some would argue more natural) picture with little motion smear and bags of shadow detail.

Conversely there is the screen burn issue detailed above and poorly specified sets may exhibit grain and fizz over moving objects.

You will find many supporters of both technologies.

All anyone can advise is to audition a range of sets and make your own decision based on what you like, possibly, if you have friends with both technologies look under normal lounge lighting rather than harsh shop lighting.

TRENDING THREADS