New system questions

Hoggy

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
I have recently sold/selling off my existing hifi which consisted of cyrus pre vs2 and 2 x smart powers feeding a pair of tannoy dc6t using cd8x and vdac with chromecast as sources.

The reason to change was purely lifestyle ie the times and durations I now get to listen to music, and aesthetics, I'm sure there's no need to look at multiple boxes now to enjoy a sound you like.

I am looking for a system containing no more than two separates plus standmount speakers however a one box solution would be ideal but not essential if a better sound can be achieved with separates. A cd source is not req'd, I have a p1 and mini phono so neither is an amp with phono stage. Ability to stream from Amazon music/spotify is a must. The room they will be in is roughly 6mx5m with the equipment on the longer wall. My music tastes are quite varied from reggae to dance, pop and rock. My listening time now is mostly as background music whilst doing bits and Bob's round the house, that said I still get chance to sit and have a proper listen so the system needs to be able to deliver.

I have been having a bit of a look around and like the looks of the ma silver 100's, and have seen some good deals when paired with pm6006+na6006, pm8006+na6006 or pm7000n. What are peoples thoughts on the above setups? Would I benefit sound wise from the separate amp streamer? Are there better alternatives? I have a budget of roughly £1500-1600 for the system and don't require cables and stands so no need to factor them costs in.

Now I know your all going to say auditioning is key and I totally agree however this currently isn't that easy for me hence why I'm here asking opinions. I look forward to hearing what you all have to say

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Usually pairing MA speakers with Marantz works well and Heos is Amazon/spotify etc. ready.While a NR 1510 would be sufficient for your needs i.m.o. and even offers room correction and dynamic volume which can be nice at low volumes there is nothing wrong with the other marantz devices you have seen.Normally they should provide better performance but I am not sure if you can benefit in your room and with your listening habbits.The advantage of a room correction and dynamic volume could outweigh in your situation .

Jimboo

If you can wait and save some more and they sort out the app then the Kef LS50W are the way to go. I paired them with an audiolab transport , imaging is fantastic . Totally unfaded by position in the room and so much nicer than multi boxes. Even my Linn deck sounds fantastic. I would listen to them or their baby brothers.

Hoggy

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the reply's

So been thinking a bit more and after having floorstanders I'm not sure I will be happy with the sound, bass in particular, provided by stand mounts. With that in mind I have been looking at q3050i's coupledwith pm6006+na6006.

Realistically I have set myself a budget of £1200. I guess my question is now can I beat the above setup for the same money?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts