New system or extend system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have a pair of Kef Q30's and an old Marantz PM47 amp that I have not used for a while due to various moves and the demise of my Marantz CD46. Basically I want some opinion on whether I should upgrade this current system. Maybe get a new CD player like the Marantz CD6002 now, and at some point in the future look at updating my amp to a Rotel or Marantz model. Or should I maybe head to Richer Sounds where I can get a Marantz CD5001 and PM4001 system for £150 and maybe also treat myself to the MS Avant 902is (£100) or MA BR2s(£150s - Sevenoaks). That's a whole new system for £250 to £300. I'm really not sure how my >10 year old Kefs stand up to modern bookshelf speakers. I just want a system where I can hear a good separation of the instruments and a natural sounding frequency range. I listen to classical music, a little electronic music and acoustic stuff too. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

If you like the sound of the said new system, you could do worse than to eBay what you have and spend a couple of hundred notes. Sounds like it would be a wise move. Everything you've quoted is good kit and you could always change the speakers a bit later.

A

Anonymous

I was thinking of getting the Marantz combo from Richer Sounds sale too but have been told they're out of stock and they're not getting any more. thinking of going for the Cambridge Audio setup instead now, but have you had any better luck with the Marantz kit, i'd still rather get that if i can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts