New subwoofer reviews

A

Anonymous

vpacalypse said:
in the market for a new sub...

when will you be doing new subwoofer reviews?

I'm also in the market for a new sub. Reading around on the topic shows that the sub market doesn't move as quickly as say the tv/blu-ray market, and when compiling a short list for a review, some of these have already been reviewed already, but what we need is a group test, not just relying on 1st tests. How about:

B&W ASW610 £500 (reference - What Hi Fi's choice awards 2010)

BK Electronics XXLS400 Subwoofer £425

BK Electronics Monolith-DF+ £550

M&K KX-12 Subwoofer £620

SVS SB12-NSD £650

Velodyne Impact 12 £460

Velodyne CHT-12Q Bass-Reflex Subwoofer £795

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Don't know about anyone else but i'm looking forward to Ken Kreisel's new sub(s).

KKProfessionalSound-ComingSoon.jpg

A

Anonymous

I'm also considering a sub, if cost was of less a constraint than it is I'd very much like the Paradigm Reference Signature SUB 2. The reference to cost is not only related to the obvious one, I'd probably need to rewire the house with regards to power as well, and maybe reinforce the walls

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Buz said:
vpacalypse said:
in the market for a new sub...

when will you be doing new subwoofer reviews?

I'm also in the market for a new sub. Reading around on the topic shows that the sub market doesn't move as quickly as say the tv/blu-ray market, and when compiling a short list for a review, some of these have already been reviewed already, but what we need is a group test, not just relying on 1st tests. How about:

B&W ASW610 £500 (reference - What Hi Fi's choice awards 2010)

BK Electronics XXLS400 Subwoofer £425

BK Electronics Monolith-DF+ £550

M&K KX-12 Subwoofer £620

SVS SB12-NSD £650

Velodyne Impact 12 £460

Velodyne CHT-12Q Bass-Reflex Subwoofer £795

Now that is a proper line up for a sub review, spot on.

I'm about to order a Monolith DF+ today, courtesy of the OH, but would still like to see such a review

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts