New speakers

paxomarmite

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I mainly use an iPod to listen to music played through a Rega Mira 3 amp and a pair of Rega L8 floor standing speakers spaced approximately 2 metres apart. I'm looking to replace these speakers but I don't want anything that will be too fussy regarding placement as space is limited. Buget around £500.00. Any suggestions?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
paxomarmite@yahoo.co.uk said:
chebby said:
Not heard of those Rega L8s. Rega Ela floorstanders maybe?

Try EL8.

Why change? After 20+ years I think things in the world of speakers may have moved on a bit.

Sure but it's a bit like asking us ... what shall I have for dinner ... ?

If I had to take a guess I'd say look at something from Rega if you like their sound.

regards

robbo400

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Paxo, I have 20yo Wharfdale 7.1 diamonds. I thought (and was certainly told by dealers - surprise lol) that I'd be blown away by newer speakers. i just didn't find that to be the case for stuff up to about £400 and for my system, room and music choice (all of which may of course mean that my comment won't be true for you). But do make sure there is a real improvement....

kev g

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
On my visits to the Bristol Hi Fi Show I have found that Tannoy speakers pair well Rega.

Have a look on the review speaker pages here & make up an audition list.

paxomarmite

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Having dug out my old NAD CD player and played a few discs, I've decided the speakers don't need replacing after all. Result, saved 500 quid!
smile.png
Thanks anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts