New speakers

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well my new kitchen add-on Proac Tablette 8 signatures are on order, together with some new speaker cable and wall mounts, to be added to my system below, which resides in the lounge. Dog with two tails, but still need to break it to the missus.

John Duncan

[quote user="JoelSim"]Well my new kitchen add-on Proac Tablette 8 signatures are on order, together with some new speaker cable and wall mounts, to be added to my system below, which resides in the lounge.

Dog with two tails, but still need to break it to the missus.[/quote]

She doesn't know yet? Whoops.

John Duncan

[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="JoelSim"]Well my new kitchen add-on Proac Tablette 8 signatures are on order, together with some new speaker cable and wall mounts, to be added to my system below, which resides in the lounge.

Dog with two tails, but still need to break it to the missus.[/quote]

She doesn't know yet? Whoops.[/quote]

Well you know what they say - it's better to seek forgiveness than permission*

(*this is a lie)

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Cheeky question Joelsim, what are you planning to do with the DALIs?, I may know someone who would be interested in them. (not me, I'm not allowed new speakers till at least 2015, and that's only if I have my 2nd LK85 back of f the friend it's loaned to and need tri-ampable ones).

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm listening to them now and they are staying right here in my living room.

I'll be drilling a hole in the wall through to the kitchen shortly, and through that will be 4 lengths of 5m speaker cable, and attached to the end will be the Proacs, perfect for when I'm cooking, when we have dinner guests and to blast out of the garden doors this summer in BBQ weather (so that I don't have to have the volume up so damn loud to get through the whole house).

The Dali's are a magnificent pair of speakers and they will still be the living room set. I am very curious as to how the Proacs will sound in comparison off the same hifi's 2nd set of terminals, all biamped of course.

A

Anonymous

Just tell her that they are a new innovative design in kitchen smoke extraction

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I imagine she'll read this as she's so into hifi.

At least I will be able to sell the speakers on for a profit if necessary as they are a unique, one-off build in Rosewood, well that'll be the story when I come to sell them.

John Duncan

[quote user="JoelSim"]At least I will be able to sell the speakers on for a profit if necessary as they are a unique, one-off build in Rosewood, well that'll be the story when I come to sell them.[/quote]

Can I use that or is it ¸?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well, given the living room is beneath baby's room, I said that having the speakers in the kitchen would mean that we could have people over for dinner without having music blaring out and waking Thomas up, we could even have BBQs outside with the music at reasonable levels and she thought it was a good idea. Besides I've just sold a Linn Classik and Epos speakers as she wanted something smaller in the bedroom (fnah) so that money has been redirected. They will also fit in with the breakfast room/kitchen decor.

All makes perfect sense to me!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Torture - sounds like you'll be covering your Lenten sacrifice within a week!

A

Anonymous

Damn straight about the Dali's. Had my helicon 800s mk2 for a few weeks........couldn't have invested my money in anything that would have suited me better. Even my mum likes them ;)

There are going to be some serious bbq's round your place this summer ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts