New Speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Emark600

Dec 31, 2022
Visit site
have you noticed any diffrence with yours over time ?
That’s a very hard question to honestly answer, cus the dealer said so, then maybe the placebo effect makes me think they sound better? They sounded pretty awesome from the first listening.

to complicate matters dealer lent me his demo pair until mine arrived, so his were well run in I guess from my first listen. But the new ones sound pretty amazing out of the box….guess I am only about half way through the 100 hours so far though.

they re PSB T 600s btw…

That’s a very hard question to honestly answer, cus the dealer said so, then maybe the placebo effect makes me think they sound better? They sounded pretty awesome from the first listening.

to complicate matters dealer lent me his demo pair until mine arrived, so his were well run in I guess from my first listen. But the new ones sound pretty amazing out of the box….guess I am only about half way through the 100 hours so far though.

they re PSB T 600s btw…
That’s the perfect test case. You heard run in models, then switched to brand new ones. You didn’t find them unpleasant at all, but your dealer had sowed seeds of doubt…

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
It needs a service, so am planning that this year. Probably cost more than I paid for it!
View: https://i.imgur.com/PQqGnua.jpg
Nice deck. Have a BX100E myself which needs a motor replacement (can't adjust the pitch precisely enough)

It's only about 0.01% too fast though so I still listen to it all the time. Got a Technics Direct drive one as just sick of faffing around with tape driven things now. Got a DAT player that needs belts as well, ugh lol

Reactions: nopiano

robdmarsh

My speakers sounded great out of the box and have continued sounding great. They were refurbished so maybe they were already broken in by the previous customer. With my amplifier, on the other hand, I definitely noticed a running in period and an improvement in sound quality. And this happened not once but twice as I returned the original amplifier as I didn't like the black colour but noticed exactly the same with the new silver one.

Reactions: hifi and Emark600

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts