New Speakers

Nico69

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
I was thinking of these speakers too. You sound a bit disappointed with the current sound? What to your ears is missing?
I've heard some speakers take a while to bed in and the difference is quite noticeable whilst others change not not a great deal.

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
I was thinking of these speakers too. You sound a bit disappointed with the current sound? What to your ears is missing?
I've heard some speakers take a while to bed in and the difference is quite noticeable whilst others change not not a great deal.
OH no ! far from that i am very very pleased with them, they are brilliant in every way ,whatever i play is still shocking me, and sound much like £ 1000 speakers .

Reactions: Al ears

Witterings

I relatively recently had a new pair of speakers and had been using them at low volumes mainly in the evenings for a few months.

The Mrs went out one day so I crancked them for about an hour and I'm convinved it make a huge difference in terms of just opening them up, mainly on the lower end.

Last edited:
Reactions: hifi

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
Came top in Hi-Fi Choice's group test.....where others in the group were £1000.
I am now seriously looking at changing my Amp and cd now what would be the a good choice with a £2000 budget ? be nice too hear your views.
I like the sound of the Marantz and would consider a higher end unit.

Witterings

I am now seriously looking at changing my Amp and cd now what would be the a good choice with a £2000 budget ? be nice too hear your views.
I like the sound of the Marantz and would consider a higher end unit.

This is only from having done extensive research recently myself rather than what I've actually heard.
I have an Arcam SA30 which is amazing but there have been some software glitches so I would possibly look at changing and I also use it in combo with a surround amp which narrows down my choices quite a bit but.

Many people love the Rega Elicit Mk5 which I'm guessing your Wharfedales are quite "warm" so could be a good combo.
A number of people like the Lyngdorf TDAi 2170 and a couple of the others I was looking at was the Marantz Model 40n and the NAD C399.

Before looking at amps though you may want to consider your room size and share on here and also what inputs you require.

Reactions: hifi

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
This is only from having done extensive research recently myself rather than what I've actually heard.
I have an Arcam SA30 which is amazing but there have been some software glitches so I would possibly look at changing and I also use it in combo with a surround amp which narrows down my choices quite a bit but.

Many people love the Rega Elicit Mk5 which I'm guessing your Wharfedales are quite "warm" so could be a good combo.
A number of people like the Lyngdorf TDAi 2170 and a couple of the others I was looking at was the Marantz Model 40n and the NAD C399.

Before looking at amps though you may want to consider your room size and share on here and also what inputs you require.
Thanks very much for your knowledge and help.
I had a budget Arcam many moons ago and didnt like it but things have moved on i will have a look listen .
Yes the Wharfedales are warm has you put it i like that sound though.

The room is mmm let me measure it 13 ft long 12 wide . I would need phono for my Rega and AT record player and optical or HDMI for the TV.
i use my streamer with Spotify Bluetooth. but prefer CDS and Vinyl. I like my bass and seperation of the tones.
The floor is solid concrete with wood . Thanks again .

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
Was looking at the 40n i could sell my marantz NWA Player . add too the budget. i need too listen too it might go SSAV have a listen if they have 1 .

Dealer I recently got some speakers from suggested approx 100 hours to run in.
What speakers were they?

It’s commonly said, especially if you’re not convinced. 100 hours could be three or four weeks listening for some people and you simply get used to them in that time.

Some drivers loosen up a bit in the first few days, but that’s about it ime. And as sometimes noted, do you ever hear anyone say “it sounded great at first, but after a month it’s not so good” ?

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
What speakers were they?

It’s commonly said, especially if you’re not convinced. 100 hours could be three or four weeks listening for some people and you simply get used to them in that time.

Some drivers loosen up a bit in the first few days, but that’s about it ime. And as sometimes noted, do you ever hear anyone say “it sounded great at first, but after a month it’s not so good” ?
Too be fair every time i listen too them they seem better i thought by now that would have not been the case ! and i would know what too expect from them they still amaze me.made me think about upgrading the rest of the kit.

Reactions: WayneKerr

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
What speakers were they?

Do you still use your Nakamichi ? love too see a picture of it nostgalai !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts