new speakers

shane

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Can you imagine my horror when my beloved amp of 25 years gave out two weeks ago just when all shops were told to shut didn't think i could wait 12 weeks with out a amp so after much reading bought a Roskan K3 online and i haven't been disappointed a great sounding amp but now i need to upgrade my speakers i am looking for anything from M- A Silvers 200 up to at push Spendor A4s any suggestions please.

What size room are you using them in? Can you give them a decent amount of space behind them?
Got to be floorstanders.
In these strange times I would have said buy cheap and, if you don't like them, you could sell on without losing too much money however, if your happy to spend more and keep I would say the Spendors you mention are very good all-rounders.
Might also suggest B&W 603, cheaper are the Elac Debut F5.2
Nice amp by the way, had the older LIII a while back and it was great.

shane

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
What size room are you using them in? Can you give them a decent amount of space behind them?
Got to be floorstanders.
In these strange times I would have said buy cheap and, if you don't like them, you could sell on without losing too much money however, if your happy to spend more and keep I would say the Spendors you mention are very good all-rounders.
Might also suggest B&W 603, cheaper are the Elac Debut F5.2
Nice amp by the way, had the older LIII a while back and it was great.
Yes floorstanders are what i am looking at and the room size is 4m sq so more of a compact size would be the preferred size haven't look for any stand mounted speakers but i must say i like the look of the Elac Vela

tsaoandy

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Can you imagine my horror when my beloved amp of 25 years gave out two weeks ago just when all shops were told to shut didn't think i could wait 12 weeks with out a amp so after much reading bought a Roskan K3 online and i haven't been disappointed a great sounding amp but now i need to upgrade my speakers i am looking for anything from M- A Silvers 200 up to at push Spendor A4s any suggestions please.
I have a pair of Spendor Classic 2/3 massive bookshelf speaker. At the time I was auditioning speakers, I already had an amp, which I am still using(Plinius 8200 integrated), the dealer really tried to convince me his Roksan amp drives Spendor really well, and I agree, i remember it was Roksan Caspian 2 integrated, really good match, I mean if my old Plinius dies one day I will definitely consider Roksan, quality stuff.

rainsoothe

Quite a small room size, perhaps the Spendor A2 might be more appropriate.
While you're looking I have always liked the ProAc DT8's or even Revel Perfoma3 F206's
+1 to this, most floorstanders will need a lot of space away from walls, the A2 would probably be way more appropriate.. I'd add Dali Oberon 5 or a pair of Sonus Faber Toy Towers (if you can find a pair sh) to your list. But I'm a sucker for Spendor midrange, so...

Also, congrats on the Roksan, it's a great amp.

D

Deleted member 116933

I’d have a look at ATC with there Sealed cabs in a room that small. Well at least I think there floor standers are sealed.

Maybe the jbl l100s? Might easier with the front port

Might fit into you budget

Reactions: rainsoothe

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts