new speakers to go with denon avr-x2200w that are affordable

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
i want to upgrade my speakers, and was looking at the silver 100s and kef q350, but the centre speakers are so expensive..any speaker thats just as good with cheaper centre? the kef's look great, but £550 centre speaker means i cant afford to buy these. total cost of over £1000.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
How about the EB acoustics eb2s for front and the EB acoustics EB1 for rear. And you can have them on loan for 30 days. Give them a ring he might sort you out a deal and even a center. These speakers are very realistic sounding and could sound amazing in a 5.1 setup

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
macdiddy said:
to a pair of Zensor 5's, I agree with bigboss, don't know why you think you need to change all of your speakers at once.

*unknw*

seems pointless, i have a sub so dont need more bass from the 5's, and they have the same drivers/sound basically i thought?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
For your budget, I don't think it's worth the upgrade over your Dalis. Why do you want to change your speakers? What's lacking in them?

Welcome back, by the way!

nothing really, but i've had them for nearly 4 years and thought a change was due, not sure i'd get much better sound though for the minimal price jump and thanks :)

nugget2014 said:
i want to upgrade my speakers, and was looking at the silver 100s and kef q350, but the centre speakers are so expensive..any speaker thats just as good with cheaper centre? the kef's look great, but £550 centre speaker means i cant afford to buy these. total cost of over £1000.
A centre speaker is the most important speaker in a whole 5.1/7.1/9.1/Atmos etc system. It will be reproducing EVERYTHING you see on screen - front left and right speakers give music and left/right effects. Rears give ambience, reverb, join in when you’re in the middle of a war zone, and sometimes music. Skimp on the centre speaker and you may as well not have one at all.

The Q650c uses a UniQ from a pair of Q350/Q750 speakers, and two of the bass drivers of the Q750 - only one of the Q750 bass drivers are driven, the other two are ABRs - but the Q550c has two driven bass drivers. So it is somewhere between the Q350 at £530 and the Q750 at £1200. And of course, it comes with a bespoke crossover and cabinet.

As far as a comparison to the Silver series is concerned, preferences aside, the current UniQ array is a technically better arrangement, and is capable of superior imaging (effects placement) and gel together better to produce a completely convincing soundfield.

If you do decide to go for either package, I’d also recommend a receiver upgrade at some point - these speakers will only sound as good as the signal they’re fed - if you’d heard the Q Series Atmos system at the Indulgence Show a few months ago, you’d be stunned at what the Q Series is capable of when really allowe to ‘stretch their legs’.

nugget2014 said:
bigboss said:
For your budget, I don't think it's worth the upgrade over your Dalis. Why do you want to change your speakers? What's lacking in them?

Welcome back, by the way!

nothing really, but i've had them for nearly 4 years and thought a change was due, not sure i'd get much better sound though for the minimal price jump and thanks :)
My home cinema speakers are not going to change for the rest of my life in the house (except the subwoofer).....if any speaker goes kaput, I'll replace with exactly the same model.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
If I was to get the kefs would I be able to get away with using my current center speaker for 6 months or so (Dali centre speaker) until I have the funds or should I really buy both at the same time? Depends if the sound would be weird as some people point out having miss matching speakers/centre

TRENDING THREADS