New speakers for marantz set up?

vinnie66

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Hi. Currently i have a Marantz PM17KI and CD17KI set up running a pair of Castle Richmond 7i speakers. These are linked by Nordost Flatline Gold speaker cable. I am looking at purchasing new speakers to give the set up some extra boost to my listening experience.

What do people suggest would be a good choice. My budget is £1000-£1500. I listen to mostly vocal music, acoustic in nature but love Pink Floyd and Dave Gilmore.

Your advice is greatly received.

vinnie66 said:
Hi. Currently i have a Marantz PM17KI and CD17KI set up running a pair of Castle Richmond 7i speakers. These are linked by Nordost Flatline Gold speaker cable. I am looking at purchasing new speakers to give the set up some extra boost to my listening experience.

What do people suggest would be a good choice. My budget is £1000-£1500. I listen to mostly vocal music, acoustic in nature but love Pink Floyd and Dave Gilmore.

Your advice is greatly received.

Hi vinnie66

The PM17ki and CD17KI are excellent components. I used to sell these. Are your units in black or gold finish?

Anyway, your impression/thoughts of your current system are?

Floorstanding speakers?

The size of your room?

Room positioning of the new speakers (distance to walls, corners, will there be anything between the speakers such as a chimney breast, cabinet, windows etc.)?

Distance between the speakers?

Listening distance?

Your general listening level?

Do you use the bass/treble controls on the PM17KI?

With new speakers what areas of improvement are you looking for over your 7i's?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts