New Speaker stands

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I have just purchased some B & W 685's to go with my RoteL RA-05 amp and i need some speaker stands. Have looked at Soundstyle Z2's and atacama Nexus 6's and the top plate is bigger on the former with only a small overhang. Are the Z2's the best to go for with my budget system or should i be looking at others as well? Budget is up to £130 but am more than happy to pay Z2 prices if i can.

A

Anonymous

The Z2s are undeniably excellent, so if you want to save a bit of cash and still get great performance, they're definitely the ones to get. If you really want the best at the top of your budget though, you could take a look at the Partington Trophys. They're a little heftier, but still look good in the lounge.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I have the Mission Stance stands, with MA BR2s. I'm pretty happy with them, but havent filled them yet. On the other hand, ive little to compare them to. The Z2s would have been my next chioce tho, had i lost the bid on ebay for the Missions.

A

Anonymous

I should think the atacamas are good enough. £130 is a bit disproportionate. Mind you, i've got £350 partington ultimas but that was really because i loved their look (much better than in the photos) and it's so rare to find a good looking stand that is recommended.

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="peteAllen"]I should think the atacamas are good enough. £130 is a bit disproportionate. Mind you, i've got £350 partington ultimas but that was really because i loved their look (much better than in the photos) and it's so rare to find a good looking stand that is recommended.[/quote]

£350 is as much as the speakers cost!! Will have a look at the comparative sizes as i will need to get this past the wife!! Z2's and the partingtons sound good to me.

A

Anonymous

custom design RS302 will give a superior performance over the soundstyle z2 and the atacamas. The customs look the business too. £120 quid and you can get them made to any height or any top plate size, should you so wish, and the top plates are made from acoustically dampened material. I looked at mission stance in sevenoaks but the ones i saw suggest that mission have slashed costs by making the metal much thinner with a smaller non dampened top plate and non mass loadable. Sound organisation Z1 stands from superfi also look the biz and are excellent. A friend just bought a pair and they are seriously heavyweight stands.Not expensive either at £89.95 with free delivery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts