New speaker cables

MiddleMan

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
I have just upgraded my CD player from an ageing Pioneer PDS 801 to a shiny new Cambridge 640C v2. This is currently connected to a Cambridge Audio A5 amp and (also new) Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers. I plan to upgrade the A5 amp soon with the Cambridge 640c V2 amp, but need advice on cables. Currently the MA's are bi-wired with Cable Talk 3 cable, which I have been using for many years as well. Do you think I would benefit from upgrading this to QED silver anniversary biwire instead? I am using Chord Calypso interconnects by the way if this helps influence a descision. The Cable Talk has always proved its worth, but is it time to get something more up to date?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="MiddleMan"]Do you think I would benefit from upgrading this to QED silver anniversary biwire instead?[/quote]

In a word, no. In two, definitely not.

A

Anonymous

I always found qed silver anniversary to be a good cable but a little bright and not always the best match for mon audio speakers.For similar money you could get dnm reson mk 2 ( a former what hi fi 5 star performer and award winner), its a step up i think. I have a mate who used qed anniversary and i brought my dnm reson round ( when i still used it) to let him hear it on his mon audio GR10's. He bought a run of dnm reson the very next day . The difference was as noticeable as it was surprising. Its got good weight and is neutral with a sweet treble. You can get it online for £6 per metre.rrp is £7.95.

matthewpiano

Used to have QED SA Bi-wire and thought that it was horrible stuff to use. The covering splits far too easily. I'm using single-wired Micro with my current system and its great but the best cable I've used was Naim NACA5.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="matthewpiano"]Used to have QED SA Bi-wire and thought that it was horrible stuff to use. The covering splits far too easily. I'm using single-wired Micro with my current system and its great but the best cable I've used was Naim NACA5.[/quote]

i have never tried it. how does it sound? is it expensive?

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
NACA5, lovely stuff, I bought some from eBay years ago. I had it running in the wrong direction from my Marantz PM6010KI to my speakers- mainly because the special Naim plugs were a perfect fit for my speaker terminals but didn't fit the Marantz binding posts.

Not sure of cost, think it's supposeed to be between £5 and £7 per metre, I think I got two three metre lengths on eBay for £17.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts