New Sky HD+ Boxes?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hI

What brand of HD+box are guys getting with the self install only deal?

Just ordered one which will be with me next week (which I thought was pretty fast
emotion-21.gif
) and would like to know which one it will be, and what do peeps think is best?

rs6mra

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
I had the Amstrad installed yesterday but it was not a self install order.

Why are you going down the self install route and how much is it costing you?

A

Anonymous

rs6mra:
I had the Amstrad installed yesterday but it was not a self install order.

Why are you going down the self install route and how much is it costing you?

Forgot to mention it's a replacement box (got Sky+) and it's a bit cheaper.......... Free box + £30 delivery. I know £30 is expensive for delivery can't complain as box is free, and I didn't want to wait 3 odd weeks for install like my mate did.

what size Hard Disk did you get with the Amstrad?

A

Anonymous

emotion-3.gif
Well I ordered the box yesterday morning (Self install) and it arrived today. How good is that.
emotion-21.gif

Amstrad 500GB,250GB for private use
emotion-42.gif
not sure what that means exactly.

Looks a pretty neat unit. Will set up tomorrow ( going out tonight)

HD here I come.
emotion-2.gif

daveh75

piobob:Amstrad 500GB,250GB for private use
emotion-42.gif
not sure what that means exactly.It means it has a 500Gb drive fitted,but Sky rob reserve half of it for their use, i.e for Sky Anytime etc.Leaving you the other half for recording.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:piobob:Amstrad 500GB,250GB for private use
emotion-42.gif
not sure what that means exactly.It means it has a 500Gb drive fitted,but Sky rob reserve half of it for their use, i.e for Sky Anytime etc.Leaving you the other half for recording.

understand cheers
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I called Sky earlier originally to request a free box on self install, but the guy by some reason didn't seem that keen on it, and neither did I tbh, as £30 delivery for the box doesn't make sense to me.

After some negotiating he eventually agreed to a free box and a £29 installation fee (otherwise £60).

I've found that when negotiating new products etc the 'Are you thinking of leaving Sky' department is much more receptive to cut you a deal, provided you are able to leave them for an alternative supplier.

A

Anonymous

FQH:
I called Sky earlier originally to request a free box on self install, but the guy by some reason didn't seem that keen on it, and neither did I tbh, as £30 delivery for the box doesn't make sense to me.

After some negotiating he eventually agreed to a free box and a £29 installation fee (otherwise £60).

I've found that when negotiating new products etc the 'Are you thinking of leaving Sky' department is much more receptive to cut you a deal, provided you are able to leave them for an alternative supplier.

I understand what you say about the delivery cost, but still a bargain ......£30 for a HD+ box.
emotion-5.gif

Plus i wanted to install it myself so I knew it would be done without damadge to my gear, read on another forum that the engineer damaged the guys TV screen.
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

Aaaah I see. So is it only the 1TB boxes that have the new outer casing/design ?

A

Anonymous

daveh75:It means it has a 500Gb drive fitted,but Sky rob reserve half of it for their use, i.e for Sky Anytime etc.Leaving you the other half for recording.

Dave. So if turn off Sky anytime, which I have, my capacity should double or a bit less?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:
Nope, turning it off makes no difference.

The HDD is partitioned and Sky keep their part of the drive,regardless of whether you choose to use Anytime or not.

Bah. Thanks for that Dave. Might as well turn it back on then.
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts