New Set up Advice!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

In the near future I am looking to purchase my first seperates based hi-fi system. It will be for my lounge which has laminate flooring and a wall of glass which makes up the side of my apartment. I understand these are not ideal conditions for good acoustics but never mind!

I am thinking...B&W 685's on good stands, and then I need an amp & CD player for between £200-£250 each. The amp will need to have RCA inputs as I will also use the speakers for my movies/gaming until I can afford a dedicated surround set up so will run red/white RCA leads from my TV's output into my stereo amp.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Carl

A

Anonymous

marantz cd6002 and pm6002, with a bit of shopping around these can be had for 200 each. should be able to demo these with the 685's at your nearest sevenoaks!

A

Anonymous

totally agree... 6002 combo is great choice at your budget

A

Anonymous

I've heard the Rotel RA-04 is better with the 685's than the Marantz PM6002, although from a purely asthetic point of view I much prefer the look of the 6002.

As I live in an apartment the set up would also need to sound good at low volumes, does this affect my speaker/amp selection?

A

Anonymous

The PM6002 isn't a massively powerful amp, and starts sounding very nice at reasonably moderate volumes. I don't think the same can be said for the 685s though. They seem to respond best to getting a good kick of juice through them. Are you married to the idea of the B&Ws? If not, I'd pay a visit to your local retailer and do some demos of other speakers back to back with the 685s.

TRENDING THREADS