New Samsung LE37B650 TV sound delay problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a new Samsung TV and the TV speaker is out of sync. with the external speaker output.It does not make a difference if I feed sound from the Sky box to my amp or use the audio output on the back of the TV, either way I get an echo. If I turn the TV speaker off, the sound from my amp is out of sync. with the picture on the TV. I have never had this problem with previous TV's. Any ideas anyone?

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Any delay settings on the TV? TV output to the amp is out of sync too? Is this while watching SKY or another external tuner?

SKY+HD has output delay settings for audio. Can't remember if SKY+ has or not. Dave may be able to assist.

When listening from your sky to the amp, turn off the tv speakers and the echo will go.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I will look to see if there is a delay setting. The TV speaker is in sync. with the picture but not it's external output at the back. This is all on sky nothing else is tuned in yet. Thanks.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

If you're watching from SKY use the output from SKY straight to the amp and turn the internal speakers off. Send the video from your SKY straight to the tv though.

Hopefully that'll help.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

hi,

this is the same issue that i have. the issue is with your amp (receiver. you should see if you can make the delay setting here. I have the problem if i send the sound via the optical input of my receiver. you may have to upgrade you amp so that it has hdmi inputs which will fix this issue, if your current amp doesnt have a delay setting. basically the tv takes a while to process the video signal, and the amp is quicker at processing the sound signal. this is why you need to delay the sound signal at the amp stage.

ciao

A

Anonymous

Hi, same problem direct from Sky box to amp. I can get rid of the echo by choosing any of the sound options but only the TV speaker is in sync. with the picture. I will try from DVD and let you know. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Same with DVD. What I cannot understand is why the audio output( L and R phono) on the back of the TV is also out of sync. Surely Samsung could get that to be synchronized with the TV speaker and picture!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

This same problem had been bugging me when I bought my LE37B650, eveyone suggested adjusting the delay time on my AV amp but unfortunately mine does not have this function.

Anyway I finally fixed the problem using the following steps

Before you start make a note of your menu settings as you will have to reset them after this procedure

Turn off the TV then press Info -> Menu -> Mute in sequence then turn the TV back on again. This will get you into the secret Service Menu. Go straight to the AUDIO page of the menu. Don't be tempted to fiddle with things in service menu cos you can end up in a right old pickle!

In the AUDIO page you willl notice that there is a time delay set for the internal speakers of 100ms but for some reason this is not set for the external output so all you need do is dial in a 100ms delay there and that should sort the problem. Well it fixed it for me.

Note that as soon as you enter the service menu, all your other standard menu settings are lost and the screen will be set to dynamic for some reason so you have to go through and change everything back after you have done this.

Hope this Helps

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
You can also use some of the other "hiden features" in this service menu to correctly calibrate your TV but this is not for the feintharted out there! There is also a clock function that will tell you the total opperational time of your TV so you can see just how much you have watched on it.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Blame Tom and DJ Krime, I just revisited on the off chance and found your advice. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Blame Tom ! this has sorted the problem with the sound delay which was realy starting to annoy me ! can i ask where did you find this info from as i would be greatful if you could let me know so i can try and get some more settings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts