New Q Acoustics 3000i

gasolin

New Q Acoustcis 3000i is released how do they sound? Less sibelance and more bass?

https://www.facebook.com/QAcoustics/videos/2100003893348755/

https://www.qacoustics.co.uk/q3000i-range#intro

f13.jpg

Don't they look a bit like the elac debut? (except for the rounded corners)

elac-b6_l_4-large.jpg

I’m sure they will sell by the lorry load! Easy to drive, smooth sounding, neat looking, modern colour options - the white and grey. A dealer’s delight I should imagine. Obviously not heard them, but I never failed to enjoy the old series

Yes, those rings over the mountings seems all the rage. Looks neat, but means you can’t tighten them up, unless maybe they’re attached from the rear.

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
nopiano said:
I’m sure they will sell by the lorry load! Easy to drive, smooth sounding, neat looking, modern colour options - the white and grey. A dealer’s delight I should imagine. Obviously not heard them, but I never failed to enjoy the old series

Yes, those rings over the mountings seems all the rage. Looks neat, but means you can’t tighten them up, unless maybe they’re attached from the rear.

Definitely not a dealer's delight as they are priced so low and can possibly sound as good as many.

gasolin

Daaam the 3010i's are big compared to the 3010 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpiuMh1sL4Q

For a min i thought it was the 3010i and 3020I next to each other :)

Almost bigger than the 3020I = much more bass in the 3010i and 3020i?

gasolin

insider9 said:
gasolin said:
Im not looking for new speakers
No, no one here ever is looking for new gear. It somehow happens new gear appears in our listening rooms ;)

I still think the Mission LX-2's are the best budget bookshelf speaker (q acoustics 2010i ultra budget speaker), i would be interested in how the top sounds, if it's still as bright as the old models and how much more bass there is.

I actually prefer the bass from the 2010i's over the 3020

gasolin said:
Daaam the 3010i's are big compared to the 3010 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpiuMh1sL4Q

For a min i thought it was the 3010i and 3020I next to each other :)

Almost bigger than the 3020I = much more bass in the 3010i and 3020i?
I think many folk have underestimated the depth, even of the old model. It’s probably good for sound, but domestically I’d think a shallower design would be easier to accommodate.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
insider9 said:
gasolin said:
No, no one here ever is looking for new gear. It somehow happens new gear appears in our listening rooms ;)

I still think the Mission LX-2's are the best budget bookshelf speaker (q acoustics 2010i ultra budget speaker), i would be interested in how the top sounds, if it's still as bright as the old models and how much more bass there is.

I actually prefer the bass from the 2010i's over the 3020

In fact the concept series is warm and laid back. Laid back as in being refined :)

The q7000 lri small speakers are bang on neutral with some good bad for their size. But folks do find the 3000 series to be bright. I also doubt this could be because of pairing with bright sounding amps. Cause the qacoustics house sound tends to lean towards warm and refined. But I could be wrong there

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
newlash09 said:
gasolin said:
insider9 said:
gasolin said:

I actually prefer the bass from the 2010i's over the 3020

In fact the concept series is warm and laid back. Laid back as in being refined :)

The q7000 lri small speakers are bang on neutral with some good bad for their size. But folks do find the 3000 series to be bright. I also doubt this could be because of pairing with bright sounding amps. Cause the qacoustics house sound tends to lean towards warm and refined. But I could be wrong there

I have the 3020 fronts and 3090c and don't find them bright at all as in listen fatigue but they do sparkle slightly more than the 2000i series but this is a good thing imo as I've heard both and much prefer the newer models.

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
gasolin said:
3020i Is the speaker to get https://www.whathifi.com/q-acoustics/3020i/review but does the new 3000i has the same sibilance tweeter ?

According to this review the Dali Spektor 2 still seems the speakers to get though.

I still feel like swapping my Spektor 2 for this 3020i. The ability to attach the 3020i with screws on the special designed stands sounds like a winner with two toddlers walking around.

gasolin

Nelis87 said:
gasolin said:
3020i Is the speaker to get https://www.whathifi.com/q-acoustics/3020i/review but does the new 3000i has the same sibilance tweeter ?

According to this review the Dali Spektor 2 still seems the speakers to get though.

I still feel like swapping my Spektor 2 for this 3020i. The ability to attach the 3020i with screws on the special designed stands sounds like a winner with two toddlers walking around.

highly doubt it since i never thought dali was the best budget speaker, mission LX-2 and mabye Q acoustics 3020i if they have given it a bit more bass and a less sibilance top.

Just curious if they have changed it since i missed som bass and better top when i had a pair of 3020's, have no place in denmark where they have them.

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
A Dutch hifi website who claimed to be at the presentation of the 3000i range are talking about an improved tweeter that is also constructed differently in the cabinet. About the bass I am pretty sure it will go deeper because of the bigger volume but why Q Acoustics claims the same 64Hz as the original 3020 I don't know.

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Why keep changing budget speakers for the next model

2000, 2000i 3000 and now 3000i

All much of the same

Offtopic in my opinion. The same thing happens in every price range. Manufacturers keep replacing high end models with minimal improvements. People swap high end models with minimal improvements.

Usability and stability in my case.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts