New Projector Sony v Panasonic

phil3345

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi

My first post on here so be gentle lol.I am looking at the Panasonic at 6000 and the sony vplhw55es .Both are 5 star winners and seem stunning units.Bearing in mind they are both over a year old is there anything newer?or are they the best at that price range?

Thanks

HomeSound

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
The HW55 is the newer model - the HW50 was launched along with the Panasonic and that is over a year old with no replacement planned. I would opt for the Sony over the Panasonic , it is brighter and sharper and with a little adjustment produces the best picture at this price point.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Are you the same Nick from Home Cinema Centre?

I just found that out too! :)

Cheers for the Yamaha amp, Nick! :cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Are you the same Nick from Home Cinema Centre?

I bought my dad's Yamaha amp from there, and just spoke today with Nick on the phone!

phil3345

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the resonse im defo going for the sony but will look at the hw 40es as well.Im going to find prices tomorrow.

Thanks all

phil3345

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Well after getting a price on the sony and the meridian 621 the supplier rang me up and offered me a jvc x35 .? any thoughts on how it compares to the sony 40es?

Thanks

phil3345

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Well after getting a price on the sony and the meridian 621 the supplier rang me up and offered me a jvc x35 .? any thoughts on how it compares to the sony 40es?

Thanks

Even the JVC is an excellent projector. The Sony is brighter. According to Steve Withers (who reviewed the Sony on AV Forums I linked above):

The X35 at £1,850 would be very tempting, although it would depend on what kind of room the projector was going to be used in. A (semi) bat-cave is good for the X35 because black levels are one of its strong points and a room with white walls would wash those blacks out. The obvious advantage of the X35 is the motorised lens controls and lens memory.

phil3345

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hes a pain lol had decided on the sony so going to do a little research.Im going to be gaming on it as well so the input lag would have to be low.Not sure where to find that information tho .Im still leaning toward the sony as it will work when theres a bit of light in te room.Its not hard to get the room dark tho if need be

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts