Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I've recently upgraded to a Thorens TD203 turntable, and now I'd like to upgrade my pre-amp as well.

Since I'm running an AT440mla cartridge, I would prefer an amp that's not overly bright. And available in Belgium
wink_smile.gif

I've been looking at Thorens, ProJect, NAD, ... but the choice is so overwhelming that I was hoping you guys could help me narrow it down. *biggrin*

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Al ears said:
Bradley747 said:
1. Music Fidelity V90

2. Cambridge 651P

3. Graham Slee - anything....!

For his budget read Graham Slee - nothing. :)

Very possibly the Amp2 Communicator depending on exchange rate.

€239 in France. http://www.son-video.com/marque/Preamplis-RIAA-Graham-Slee-155-1022.html

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Christophe Saelens said:
Thanks for the advice! Just ordered the Graham Slee from son-video. First time ordering from that company but I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.

You might like to join the Graham Slee forum too and let those of us over there know how you get on. This time last year I bought a Genera (kit version of the Communicator) and built it for my son for his birthday. He's very pleased with it.

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Ordered on tuesday and arrived today (Friday), so that went smooth.
I've replaced my old pre-amp I bought with my ProJect Essential, and hooked up the Thorens to the Communicator.
First impressions: It was like everything just openend up, bass got cleaner, the midrange and top end gained more definition and clarity... Everything about the music just sounded... better. The difference is very big indeed! I think if you fitted a nail to the tonearm it would still sound good
regular_smile.gif

So far I'm very happy with my purchase, and I think I'll have many hours of listening pleasure. *yahoo*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts