new power amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Received my new rotel RB06 power amp from flebay yesterday and i must say am loving the results. i have hooked the amp up to the pre outs on my RA05 and the LF inputs on my speakers leaving the RA05 to run the HF.

System has lost the brightness it had before, bass has more punch and sound stage is deeper and wider.

Next move is to try some different speaker cable combinations not to sure what yet.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Sounds very good indeed

I must admit when I heard the Rotel RA04 amp with the B&W 685's I was very impressed but the addition of the power amp made it night and day IMO.

I think you've done the right thing as the B&W's love to be driven
emotion-5.gif

With regards to speaker cable definitly take a look at the Chord Carnival Silverscreen but I feel that the likes of the QED Revelation, Atlas Hyper 2.0, Chord Rumor or the QED XT300 would do very well indeed.

What interconnects are you using currently?

A

Anonymous

hi dan1979

i was thinking of using atlas hyper2 on the LF and chord carnival ss for HF. currently using a cheap gale speaker cable for both high and low frequency.

interconnect between the amps is a Cambridge Atlantis that i had hanging about, so suggestions on an upgrade for that if any.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Well speaker cable suggestions are above but I think the Chord Carnival Silverscreen will be sufficient
emotion-1.gif

As for interconnects; I highly recommend the Chord Crimson (keeps the synergy then with the speaker cable) but it is a very good cable. If not that then take a look at the Atlas Equator or the Black Rhodium Prelude

A

Anonymous

yes but i want to keep the bi wire/ bi amp setup with mixed cable choosing a cable with good LF properties and one for HF will then look at interconnects

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Why not demo the bi-wire version of the Chord Carnival Silverscreen; IMO it doesnt make sense to have 2 different cables runninbg to one speakers as the synergy wont be right

At the end of the day its your call but I think one decent cable would suffice
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Atlas hyper biwire cable uses 2 different thicknesses for hf and lf, so you get a better sound (I think!).

A

Anonymous

have tried single cable but bi amping is a much better sound

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
We agree with that so our suggestions are pointing towards using decent bi-wire cable that will allow you to bi-amp but through one cable in unison and not 2 cables etc...

TRENDING THREADS