New Mordaunt-Short Speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Tottaly new to this forum so hey everyone, Thinking of some new speakers i am thinking of 2 the Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 6 or the Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 8 any ideas of which you would choose? With the Mezzo 8's not being reviewed yet im just not to sure what to go for and your help would be much appreshated!

Cheers

Nick

A

Anonymous

Depends how big your room is? the 6's are big speakers at 1m tall and 20kgs each, they are more than capable of generating big volumes given decent amplification as they a 89db. Bass extension is impressive! in most normal size living rooms the 6's will be plenty big enough imo.

(I own the 6's, my room is approx 6m x 4.5m. 10:30 on my biamp-arcams is all the volume I will ever need!I love them!)

I would have thought presentation between the 6 and 8 will be very similar.

A

Anonymous

Cheers, Yeah think i have enough amplification to power ether of the speakers (100w) my room is around a similar size its just quite long. How do you find the Bass to them as this is an very important thing for me.

A

Anonymous

I listen to alot of dance and heavy metal. Bass is powerfull and punchy and they go low! However the bass is not overpowering just forcefull in a way only big floor standers can manage (imo). I had on a 2 week home trial / return option to make sure I was happy. They are front ported so not going to be overly critical of being near a wall. I have mine about 1m out from back wall and 1.5m in from side wall. with a toe in crossing just behind my head (3 meters in front) Bass is spot on imo. I have my power amp driving the bass driver only.

I have been listening to alot of electronic music on vinyl recently, the sound stage these speakers are producing is equally impressive you can literally see different parts of the recording spaced between the speakers.

They are forward sounding and really make you sit up and listen, I find it very difficult to do anything else when my hifi is on, (read or use laptop) as they just grab and keep my attention regardless of volume level.

I would say when spending this much money a home trial / home demo is the only way to be sure as speakers are very room dependant!

TRENDING THREADS