New member saying hi

drummerinohio

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Basiclly looking for opinipns as to the new Cambridge audio 851N streamer. I have more specific questions, but will look for a place here to ask that. Name is John.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi John, we already have a John on here, hey two John's don't make a right. Haha. *biggrin*

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome I had a Stream Magic 6 v2 it was superb, sold it as I was snobbish about CA, bought a Linn Majik DS not as good! Waiting for the Cambridge CXN to launch I will be buying one the improvement in sound was marked. I would imagine the 851 even better. One thing that put me off CA is the forward support of software upgrades. The up sampling with Spotify for me was amazing.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Only just seen your other thread!

Of the info I can obtain the CXN is due to Richer Sounds the only retailer of CA in UK in late March they don't presently have the 851N either so I guess not released yet.

drummerinohio

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
iQ Speakers said:
Welcome I had a Stream Magic 6 v2 it was superb, sold it as I was snobbish about CA, bought a Linn Majik DS not as good! Waiting for the Cambridge CXN to launch I will be buying one the improvement in sound was marked. I would imagine the 851 even better. One thing that put me off CA is the forward support of software upgrades. The up sampling with Spotify for me was amazing.

Thanks, waiting to hear back from the tech support as I have asked them to give me their views on a comparrison in sounds SM6 VS the 851N with no solid reply. I'd hate to get the 851N only to hear no improvements?? I do have nice power and great speakers, so if the sound will improve with this move, I am anxious to make the move......sounds like a whole lotta moving, am I right???*biggrin*

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
drummerinohio said:
Thanks, waiting to hear back from the tech support as I have asked them to give me their views on a comparrison in sounds SM6 VS the 851N with no solid reply. I'd hate to get the 851N only to hear no improvements?? I do have nice power and great speakers, so if the sound will improve with this move, I am anxious to make the move......sounds like a whole lotta moving, am I right???*biggrin*
I certainly would not get the SM6 as the CXN is out soon Colour screen SM6 M/B with updated analouge stage looks stumnning. A whole lotta moving? not sure what you mean!

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Quick update, I was able to order a Cambridge CXN at £699 no date for stock though, they have placed orders for 120 units over 50 shops. So must be iminate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts