New LP but no antistatic inner sleeves

iMark

I have noticed that when we occasionally buy a new record (about 15 a year) they hardly ever come with an antistatic inner sleeve. Surely with the profit margins the record companies could put their high quality products in a better inner sleeve. The only records that came in a proper antistatic sleeve were a couple of jazz albums.

No change then since the 1970s and 1980s. Only classical records came in proper antistatic innersleeves. For my popular records I always had to buy seperate inner sleeves.

iMark said:
I have noticed that when we occasionally buy a new record (about 15 a year) they hardly ever come with an antistatic inner sleeve. Surely with the profit margins the record companies could put their high quality products in a better inner sleeve. The only records that came in a proper antistatic sleeve were a couple of jazz albums.

No change then since the 1970s and 1980s. Only classical records came in proper antistatic innersleeves. For my popular records I always had to buy seperate inner sleeves.

This would appear to depend on which record label you get them from.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
chebby said:
Cheap ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Analogue-Works-Nagaoka-Anti-Static-Sleeves/dp/B007JV7BA0

Cheaper, and not using Am***n: Japanese Style Anti-Static Inner Sleeve

Even cheaper, and (I think) better: 12″ White Paper Polylined Sleeve

(I hate flimsy U-shaped sleeves, because they never go inside the sleeve without folding over.)

It's nice when a new LP comes with poly-lined inner sleeves supplied, but then again it's good to put them in a fresh anti-static sleeve once you've cleaned them, so it doesn't bother me if they don't come with the LP.

thescarletpronster said:
chebby said:
Cheap ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Analogue-Works-Nagaoka-Anti-Static-Sleeves/dp/B007JV7BA0

(I hate flimsy U-shaped sleeves, because they never go inside the sleeve without folding over.)

It's nice when a new LP comes with poly-lined inner sleeves supplied, but then again it's good to put them in a fresh anti-static sleeve once you've cleaned them, so it doesn't bother me if they don't come with the LP.

The only LO s I own that are not currently in some sort of anti-static sleeve are those that have printed info or whatever on that inner liner.

thescarletpronster said:
chebby said:
Cheap ...

I’m glad you said that as I like the ones with a stiffening layer too. The Nags are too hard to use regularly, not that I regularly play any LPs these days, but old thinking dies hard! I think Mobile Fidelity did the lovely poly ones with a thin paper laminate to keep it manageable. Most of mine from the Seventies I replaced with Decca poly lined paper sleeves, alongside the scratchy cardboard with the lyrics on!

iceman16 said:
chebby said:
I just searched for Nagaoka anti-static sleeve and that’s what came up.

I bought a pack of 50 from Analogue Seduction and they’re the original sleeves.
The original Nags have No. 102 on, come in a black casing, and cost about twice that of the ones with the bright stick-on label. Analogue Seduction sell the original at £15 for 25. The dodgy ones are cheaper but maybe are made by Nag as an oem type?

iceman16

Download-File

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts