New iPod Range!!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, first of all, sorry about the title. The idea was to get your attention, which seems to have worked.
Anyway, I was just wondering if anybody knew when the new iPod range is being released, or at least roughly when? I ask this as I was walking out of my house today to go and get a 120GB iPod Classic, but stopped in my tracks and thought that I might buy one and then 3-4 months down the line, a new one is released. I have looked (briefly) on the internet and on the 'search forum' bar on the WHF forums and haven't found anything. I am planning on getting the iPod tomorrow, IF, the new range is not released for at least 6 months. Could somebody PLEASE!!!! help me with this information, thank you in advance and any reply is much appreciated.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Apple tend to update the Ipod range in August / September, have done for the last couple of years.

idc

Whatever you do, whenever you buy, you will be subject to Moores law of time and change; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore's_law

Apple and all others will upgrade it's computers, itunes etc, but that does not necessarily mean better as past upgrades have not always been greated with universal approval in terms of sound and reliability. Fact is the Classic is well regarded and will play your music files (which will not go out of date) for a long time. Go buy now!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It's typically September for new iPods, though of course iPhone was June and there have been minor iPod releases (eg Shuffle upgrades) in the Spring.

idc

Clare,

to help the original poster make his decision as whether to wait or not, and for my own interest, how much has the sound of ipods improved over the years? Or is it a case of improvements have been down to better build, reliabilty, functions(like cover flow) and the screen.

Thanks

idc

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'd say there've been bigger differences in usability than major upgrades in performance - though there was a change of DACs used a while back that changed the tone of the bigger Apples quite noticeably, and there have been year-on-year incremental improvements (apart from the Shuffle, which has stagnated somewhat, compared to the competition).

And then, of course, Apple always realigns the pricing/specs (usually throwing out the entire iPod-accessories industry at the same time!)

idc

Thanks Clare.

Choppy_Balboa, if want your ipod for the sound alone the wait is probably not necessary, but if you after other functions, well who knows what will come out next anyway!

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for your replies, I have decided to get the iPod today. Thank you for the advice about possible improvements idc and Clare, the main reason for the new iPod is mainly for use through my Amp. (I'm not a fan of having to change vinyl all the time) so if there will MOST LIKELY not be major sound improvements, then I will get it today.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts