New hifi SPEAKERS?..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, im looking for opinions choosing a new pair of speakers for my hifi setup.

My system will be as my bio below, the speakers will be fed via the audiolab amps, bi-amped, via qed bi-wire cables..

The space for the speakers means i can have standmounts, or floorstanders..

thinking of..

WHARFEDALE 10.1s (are they going to be much more better than the 9.1s tho, as there 100 pound dearer?)..

Q-ACOUSTICS 1050i (really like the prospect of these, and the black finish will sit nicely in)..

B&W 685s (liked from i while ago wished id got them then)..

KEF IQ5SE (possible but seem i little small, worried the audiolab combo might be to much for them)..

Any opinions? overkill,underkill???

T

the record spot

All very different boxes mate; I'd point you towards the 1050i over the KEF, maybe a little less high up the ladder in the finishing scale but a big hearted, beefy old speaker that's got more than enough. Hi FI World really rate it for a budget floorstander, you can pick them up for about £220-£250 and my only reservation would be how they'd sound along with your excellent CDP, which isn't shy of bass itself.

Of the standmounts, I'd go with the B&Ws if only that their supposed lean presentation will be offset by the dynamism of the CDP and amp partnership. I think they could be a good mix.

That said, I'd lean towards the Q's first, if the synergy works out well, then the 685's thereafter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts